Former Navy SEAL Promises "a Gruesome Massacre" When Trump is Removed From Office

It's long past time we started taking the blood thirsty lunatics of the far right seriously.
By Justin Rosario,
"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." - Maya Angelou

Back when I, and everyone else including Donald Trump, thought that Hillary Clinton would be our next president, I warned that the right was primed to explode with violence. Faced with the loss of a Supreme Court willing to uphold the GOP's numerous voter suppression schemes and staring down the barrel of a demographic shotgun, Trump's white nationalist base was getting ready to go to literal war to end democracy in America because they were on the verge of losing everything.

Even with the illegitimate "victory" of Donald Trump, nothing's really changed about that calculation. Well, almost nothing. The big difference is that now the far right has had a taste of real power and they won't let a little thing like "the rule of law" or some "special counsel" get in their way.

Meet Craig "Sawman" Sawyer. He claims to be an ex-Navy SEAL and he has a message for the globalist Jews trying to "illegally" remove Donald Trump,"our boldest defender & last possibility of maintaining our protective Constitution":

Sawyer, upon receiving some unwanted scrutiny concerning his call to violent insurrection, falls back on the bullshit argument that he only meant if Trump were removed by an "illegal coup on false evidence." Of course, Sawyer neglects to point out that there is literally nothing he and his fellow cult members would consider to be real evidence short of Donald Trump on video giving Vladimir Putin a sloppy blow job while bragging about how he sold out the United States. Considering how enchanted Trumpsters are with the Russian dictator, even that might not be enough.

As tempting as it may be to believe, Sawyer is not some malignant outlier nor an "isolated incident." This is the same desperate need to spark a civil war that fuels the entire white nationalist movement and, to a lesser extent, right wing politics. They know their time at the top of the socio-economic ladder is coming to an end and they're so afraid of finding out that they're nothing special without their privilege, they'd rather murder millions than lose their grip on unearned power.

When Trump is forced out of office for being the single most corrupt president in American history, expect Sawyer to immediately renew his call for bloodshed. In the unlikely event that Trump lasts long enough to be outed by Kamala Harris or Elizabeth Warren (or Cory Booker or Joe Biden or Bernie Sanders, etc.) in 2020, expect Sawyer and other rabid white nationalists to still go on a bloody rampage under the pretense of a "stolen election." Even if Trump somehow lasts the full 8 years, unless the next president is an avowed white nationalist, there will be violence because the right is fully and truly done with democracy and the rule of law. In their eyes, America is supposed to be white and under their control for all time. Anything else is an abomination to be cleansed through fire.

- This article kills fascists

Join the Conversation