Uncategorized

Piloting A Repilot: Reviewing the Return of NBC’s Community

By January 17, 2014
community-madmen-spoof

NBC’s Community rose from the near-dead with its long-awaited season premiere, and a small but cult-like fanbase held its breath.

The Myth of the Good Guy with a Gun: How I was Almost Curtis Reeves

By January 17, 2014
Arapahoe-high-school-shooter-is-stopped-by-armed-security-official

I’d been driving with my pistol for a couple of months when my Curtis Reeves moment almost happened… Let’s rewind.

A Pros and Cons List to Decide Whether We Actually Need Florida

By January 16, 2014
florida_sign

  As you all probably know, last week, a 71-year-old ex-cop shot and killed a man inside a Tampa movie theater for texting during the trailers. Apparently he will be using the infamous “Stand Your Ground” statute in his defense, reminding us all that Florida is bizarro world where logic has died and idiocy runs… Read More

Another Reason Why We’re All Screwed: Rush Limbaugh Among Top 10 Most Admired

By January 15, 2014
rush-limbaugh

The Times of London conducted a poll of the top ten most admired people in the world. Americans decided Rush Limbaugh should make our list. Because of course we did.

WATCH: Robert Downey Jr. Crushes The Police’s “Driven To Tears”. Did You Know He Could Sing Too?

By January 14, 2014
o-ROBERT-DOWNEY-JR-facebook

Iron Man himself knocks a cover of “Drive To Tears” out of the park as part of Sting’s 60th birthday celebration.

MORNING BANTER: Supreme Court Skeptics, Google Thermostats, Koch Brothers, and Japanese Jim Beam

By January 14, 2014

  The Onion is reporting that it’s still only Tuesday. Here’s what’s happening on the interweb:   1. Supreme Court Justices Skeptical About Obama Labor Board Appointments A majority of U.S. Supreme Court justices signaled willingness on Monday to rule against the administration of President Barack Obama over his attempt to appoint members of the… Read More

Beyonce Wrote An Essay On Feminism and It’s About As Thought-Provoking As “Independent Women”

By January 13, 2014
BEYONCE-for-GQ

Beyoncé Knowles-Carter wrote what some are calling an essay on feminism for Maria Shriver’s underrated The Shriver Report newsletter with the breaking-news headline “Gender Equality Is A Myth!”

Scary Chart Reveals Koch Brother’s Insidious Influence in American Politics

By January 13, 2014
koch_brothers

Last week, The Washington Post posted a pretty scary graphic that showed all the organizations that are directly or indirectly funded by a network set up by the Legion of Doom, also known as the Koch brothers.

THE MORNING BANTER: The Golden Globes, A New Christie Theory, Roger Ailes Still Sucks, and the New “Game of Thrones” Season

By January 13, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-01-12 at 8.30.22 PM

It’s Monday and so it’s back to the grind with you, gerbils. Here’s a couple of headlines and some assorted stuff from around the internet to get you through the day.

Spoiler Alert: I’m Terrified For The Comments On This One

By January 10, 2014
angry-mob

If you go almost anywhere else on the web, comment sections are the place where intelligent, respectful debates go to die at the hands of trolls, bigots, and general assholes. However, somehow, The Daily Banter’s readership has decided to rise above this misanthropy-inducing phenomenon.

And that’s a beautiful thing that must be protected.

Robert Gates Confirms Obama’s Real Middle East Motivations: Getting the Hell Out

By January 09, 2014
gates obama

While people may think that Robert Gates ‘exposed’ the President on his true motivations towards Afghanistan, he has in fact shown the President to have an accurate understanding of just how disastrous US intervention in the Middle East has been.

Token Crazy Person Ann Coulter Calls Melissa Harris-Perry ‘Token African American’

By January 08, 2014
Ann_Coulter_at_book_signing

Given Coulter’s entire career has been built off the fact that she is completely crazy, her scathing attack on Harris-Perry ranks up there with the best examples of right wing hypocrisy in recent memory.

Shock Horror!! Fundamentalist 51 Year Old Boxer From Deep South is Homophobic!!

By January 07, 2014
holyfield

Why anyone thought a barely educated, deeply religious, 51 year old boxer who was born into grinding poverty in the segregated deep south wouldn’t be homophobic is completely inexplicable.

WATCH: A Christian Preacher Loses His Mind Over MTV2’s “Wonder Showzen”

By January 06, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-01-06 at 6.55.14 PM

If you’re a fire-and-brimstone Christian preacher there’s no way you were going to get the kind of misanthropic joke Wonder Showzen was. On the contrary, you were going to think it was pure, unrelenting evil, conjured by Satan himself.

Hamilton Nolan’s Savage Takedown of Kathleen Parker

By January 02, 2014
kathleen parker

Gawker’s chief smack talker Hamilton Nolan has taken it upon himself to dissect notorious hack and Washington Post contributor Kathleen Parker’s latest pantheon to rich white people.

Science’s 10 Biggest Discoveries in 2013 About Us, Wonderful Us

By December 31, 2013
detroit20science20center-full

LiveScience published a list of the most interesting discoveries about human nature in the past year…

The Real, Official, Way-Better-Than-Chez’s List of the Best 20 Songs of 2013

By December 30, 2013
housemeister-music-is-awesome

Without further ado, and with all disrespect in the world to Chez, here are the actual 20 Best Songs of 2013

Former DEA Agents Defecting to Work for the Medical Marijuana Biz

By December 24, 2013
Medical Marijuana Club Seeks Site In Fisherman's Wharf

After 10 years with the DEA, former Oregon agent Patrick Moen accepted a job with Privateer Holdings, a Seattle-based equity firm that invests in marijuana companies.