Uncategorized

Fox News Contributor Loses the Plot With Hilarious Huff Post/Jack Bauer Analogy

By May 09, 2014
Jack-Bauer-wallpapers-jack-bauer-4443494-1024-768

A couple of days ago Fox News published something so brilliantly revealing of its white male, paranoid inferiority complex that it deserves to be etched into stone and studied by sociologists for decades to come.

The New Breed of Porn Commenters

By May 09, 2014
404_love_tip_flash

If you read today’s Morning Banter, you saw a double link to two “Of course there’s a tumblr for that” kind of websites, one called Spinning 3D Porn Hub Comments and the other Porn Hub Comments on Stock Photos; the kind of sites where you already know what, conceptually, will be at the other end of your mouse-click but the kind you visit anyway because #internet.

Quote of the Day: “Just this Once, You Shut Your F**king Mouth”

By May 08, 2014
Glenn_Greenwald

Rebecca Schoenkopf asks Glenn Greenwald to kindly shut the fuck up about the kidnapped Nigerian girls he doesn’t care about.

Did Raw Story Just Slander Tucker Carlson?

By May 07, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 2.25.18 PM

Raw Story wrote an incredibly trolly headline about Tucker Carlson, and it could be slanderous.

Why We Need to Appreciate the Zen of “Dude”

By May 07, 2014
BigLebowski_035Pyxurz

He’s using it as a tool, and essentially a last resort, to help keep some basic level of rational understanding and common sense to an argument and line of questioning that was — and let’s use our common sense when letting this word hit our trained-to-be-overreactive brains — a little unfair.

5 People Worse Than Donald Sterling Who Still Own Sports Teams

By May 06, 2014
dan-snyder-never-usa-today

Now that Donald Sterling is out and our backs have turned red from the constant back-patting we’ve been giving ourselves, maybe it’s time we take the proactive approach, and actively search out and exterminate the terrible people who own and run our favorite sports teams.

THE MORNING BANTER: Nigerian Schoolgirls, Apple Shares, 60 Minutes, and Weird Al in Star Wars

By May 06, 2014
Star-Wars-Cantina-665x385

Happy Tuesday! Let’s just all take one collective sigh before we get going. Here’s what’s happening on the interweb:

What They’re Saying In Them Rap Songs, A Visualization

By May 05, 2014
the-largest-vocabulary-in-hip-hop-01-960x640

A man named Matt Daniels, in an act that can only be seen as a selfless gift to mankind, took the first 35,000 words of a slew of artists’ material and analyzed that data for its lyrical diversity. He also included Shakespeare and Herman Melville as data-point benchmarks…

Life and Other Four Letter Words: P O R N

By May 05, 2014
sfw_28

Porn is about fantasy, but it’s set in the real world and made to feel as probable as possible. So then why are men’s fantasies about women so fucking horrible; what’s wrong with men that want to jerk off over cruelty?

How To Make Sure You’re Not Supporting Monsanto (Who Might Be Giving You Cancer)

By May 05, 2014
June-2013-Monsanto-1-e1369973208369-582x297

If you hate global biotech corporate beast Monsanto — and as well you should — nonprofit Food Democracy Now! has a clever way for you to fight back against the corporation.

Too Long; Didn’t Read: Questlove on “How Hip-Hop Failed Black America”

By May 02, 2014
Questlove-on-Fallon-640

Reading is hard. Having to plow through entire paragraphs is actually a mental exercise. To help out, we’re resurrecting a now-recurring segment where we give you the Cliffs Notes version of some of the best writing out there on the interweb.

The Best Insults, Offensive Statements, and Inanity To Ever Come Out Of North Korea

By April 28, 2014
faketank

The Telegraph reports that comments issued on Sunday by the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea (CPRK), the North’s state-run KCNA news agency, labelled South Korean leader Park Geun-hye a “crafty prostitute” under the control of “a powerful pimp,” our own Barack Obama. The statement added that Pyongyang is prepared for “an all-out nuclear battle”.

An Outsider’s Guide to Internet Love Hormones

By April 28, 2014
lovepotionsand

If you’re a regular Banter reader, you might have noticed our story, “That Which Will Not Go Away,” aka “10 OkCupid Profile ‘Don’ts’ to Heed If You Actually Want to Get Laid,” in our trending stories sidebar for lo several months now. But you’re probably unaware that the comments section of the story has been blitzkrieged by spambots probing for valid email addresses with promises of romantic reconciliation with lovers who have cast you aside. I.e., love potions.

Drake’s Lasting Legacy

By April 23, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-04-23 at 2.26.20 PM

Never trust a man that brings a lint roller to a basketball game…

Seth Rogen Smacks Down Nancy Grace, Speaks for the Entire Nation

By April 17, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-04-17 at 12.00.37 AM

Nancy Grace went off on one of her usual unhinged rants on Twitter, but Seth Rogen wasn’t having any of it.

Blood Moon Lunacy: How Televangelist John Hagee is Trying to Bring on Armageddon

By April 15, 2014
johnhagee

Not only does Hagee preach that the end of the world is nigh, he is actively working to make it so.

Kansas Shooting Suspect Praised Ron Paul, Said ‘Elect Obama’ in 2010 Radio Interview

By April 14, 2014
photo via screengrab, Youtube.com

In what surely won’t be the last revelation in the internet vapor trail of Kansas shooting suspect Frazier Glenn Miller, Jr., radio host David Pakman has unearthed a lengthy 2010 interview with the man who would go on to be arrested for deadly shootings at the Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City and Village Shalom in Overland Park, Kansas. A lost-cause U.S. Senate candidate in Missouri at the time, Miller spent most of the interview ranting about the Jews, but also praised Ron Paul, and declared President Obama the winner in a game of “Elect, Deport, Waterboard.”

Will Conservatives Champion ‘Piss Christ’ to Defend Bigoted Wedding Photographer?

By April 09, 2014
"Piss Matt Lewis on Pee-Span"

The Supreme Court disappointed conservatives this week by refusing to hear the case of a New Mexico wedding photographer who refused to photograph a lesbian couple’s commitment ceremony in 2006. The wrinkle in this case is that the defendants attempted to carve out a distinction for people who “create expression for a living.”

Subscribe to the Banter Newsletter!