Uncategorized

Quote of the Day: This Is Why People Don’t Take Feminists Seriously

By February 06, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 2.21.47 PM

Feminists at Wellesley college have started a petition to have a sculpture of a sleepwalking man in his underwear removed from the campus quad. The hysterical comments are as entertaining as you’d expect.

Pay to Play

By February 06, 2014

Social media queen Geek Girl Diva has been a big supporter of this site for a long time, which is why when she needs help I’m always there.

She’s started an Indiegogo drive aimed at recording a song, and you too should help out. Why? Because she’s awesome, that’s why.

Indiegogo: Help GGD Record Her Song

Analyzing The DMX/Zimmerman Fight

By February 05, 2014
dmx-zimmerman

Back when George Zimmerman first announced he would be doing a celebrity boxing match and DMX offered up his services on behalf of “every black person who has been done wrong in the system,” we were left salivating at the totally unrealistic hypothetical scenario of DMX stepping into a boxing ring with George Zimmerman.

But holy hell, it looks like this might actually happen.

A Question for Mia Farrow: If You Hate Child Abusers, Why Are You Still Friends With Roman Polanski?

By February 04, 2014
Mia Farrow

Mia Farrow regards child rapist Roman Polanski as ‘a close friend’. Is the treatment of Polanski inconsistent with that of her former partner Woody Allen? If so, does it undermine her credibility?

The Top 6 Congressmen Bill Maher Is Most Likely To Attack

By February 04, 2014
bill-maher-makes-huge-campaign-donation-to-president-obama

Last week, Bill Maher told the New York Times that his show will attempt to oust a sitting member of Congress. Moreover, he will ask his viewers to help him select the congressperson that is both terrible enough and in a competitive enough race to get the bullseye put on their back.

Quote of the Day: Cameron Crowe Remembers Philip Seymour Hoffman

By February 04, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-02-04 at 9.13.20 AM

For all he did in his long, rarefied career, I think that one scene is Philip Seymour Hoffman’s finest moment.

Interesting Facts About Last Night’s Super Bowl Game That You Didn’t Know

By February 03, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-02-03 at 10.25.56 AM

Last night, most of the civilized world watched the Seattle Seahawks crush the Denver Broncos 43-8 to win the 47th Superbowl, which took place in the cultural mecca of East Rutherford, New Jersey. This is almost guaranteed to be exclusively what coworkers, polite acquaintances, and neighbors you catch the elevator with will bring up today. Be prepared.

Philip Seymour Hoffman: 1967-2014

By February 02, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-02-02 at 1.30.55 PM

This morning, Hoffman was found dead in his Greenwich Village apartment with a needle still in his arm and five empty heroin bags next to his body, with three more still full and available for use. This honestly made me cry the first time I read it. I used to do heroin — a lot of it. It’s fucking shit and it steals your soul, destroying you piece by piece by piece.

Ted Cruz Follows Twitter User With Profile Pic of Obama Being Lynched

By January 31, 2014
ted_cruz_lynching

It appears that the senator follows a Twitter user whose profile pic (also called an “avi”) shows President Obama with a noose around his neck, presumably dead. Not only that but both of Cruz’s Twitter accounts follow this user.

THIS JUST IN: Daft Punk Are Not Actually Robots

By January 31, 2014
140130-daft-punk-without-helmets

TMZ, the pinnacle of world-class journalism, has broken what looks to be the story of the century: Grammy Award-winning musicians Daft Punk are not, in fact, robots.

The Tom Friedman Column Generator is Scarily Accurate

By January 30, 2014
thomas_friedman

Having waded through a few of Friedman’s pieces (all equally banal and meaningless), we compared them to the hilarious ‘Tom Friedman Op/Ed Generator’ website, a creation of developer Brian Mayer that allows readers to randomly create Friedman columns with the click of a button. Here’s what came up:

Commenter of the Week 2: Q&A With Cathy McMorris Rodgers

By January 30, 2014
How-To-Facebook-Like-Your-Google-Search

More proof that Banter readers are the smartest peeps on the interwebs.

An Open Letter to the GOP: A Call for Armistice in the War on Women

By January 29, 2014
stop-sign

If the GOP doesn’t quit right now they’re gonna end up crashing on their libertarian bro’s couch on election night 2016.

New Machine Allows For Men And Women To Effectively Switch Bodies With One Another

By January 28, 2014
freaky_friday

In 1996, the alternative rock band The Butthole Surfers released a song called, “Pepper,” which presented one very important universal truth: “You never know just how you look through other people’s eyes”

But that might not be entirely true anymore…

The Daily Banter Mail Bag: The GOP’s State of the Union Sidekicks, the Dinesh D’Souza Indictment and Our Nightmare Dates

By January 24, 2014
mail_bag_glenn_close

1. Did you see that Louie Gohmert is inviting Hannity to sit with him at the State of the Union address? What is it with Texas congressman and their SOTU guests? Steve Stockman brought Ted Nugent and now this.
– Steve C

Ralph Lauren Creates Worst Olympic Uniforms Of All Time Because America

By January 23, 2014
19dfmzy935bupjpg

The uniforms for the Olympics Opening Ceremony have been unveiled and they’re just so us.

Respecting The Dead: Community Teaches Us How To Say Goodbye

By January 22, 2014
Screen-Shot-2014-01-17-at-7.51.29-AM

Of course Dan Harmon found a way to make the best Pierce-centric episode one that Chevy Chase is absent from…

Piloting A Repilot: Reviewing the Return of NBC’s Community

By January 17, 2014
community-madmen-spoof

NBC’s Community rose from the near-dead with its long-awaited season premiere, and a small but cult-like fanbase held its breath.