Uncategorized

The White House Just Trolled Everyone, Proving Obama Has No F*cks Left To Give

By January 20, 2015
Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 6.23.25 PM

“I’ve done good and I know it. The state of the union is, I can’t even with you people anymore. Now how’s this for a hashtag: ‘Suck on my tan suit’?”

Best Of the Banter: Punching Pastors, Charlie Hebdo, and a Letter From a Fetus

By January 15, 2015
world-leaders-paris-march

Definitely read the letter from a fetus.

UberFact’s Top 10 “Facts” Of 2014 Were Pretty Dubious

By January 09, 2015
Uber

UberFact or UberFiction? We put it’s claims to the test.

Message to Readers About Ads

By January 07, 2015
man-with-head-on-desk

(NOTE: This post doesn’t count towards your meter) A quick heads up from Management HQ – some Banter members have complained about ads showing up. We are aware of the problem and are working on figuring out why this is happening. It is frustrating, but the problem should be fixed very soon. Our apologies! Ben

CNN’s 10 Most Embarrassing Moments Of 2014

By December 30, 2014
Lemon

Did ghosts steal MH370? Can the Klan rebrand? CNN’s had a busy year.

It Would Have Been Nice If the NYT Demanded We Prosecute Dick Cheney When It Mattered

By December 24, 2014
Dick Cheney, Vice-President of the United States of America

The New York Times finally thinks Cheney should stand trial for torture. Too bad it’s a decade late to the party.

The Best Of the Banter: Banter Begins, Bush’s Gaffes, Kim Jong-un’s Death, and Lots More

By December 18, 2014
kimjongun

We bring you the week that was in the world of Banter.

Someone Just Bet $1 Million You’re Still Ready For Romney

By December 17, 2014
ReadyRomney

Are you ready for some Romney?!?

What is The Daily Banter? Part 1: Humble Beginnings

By December 16, 2014
Banter Dec 2007

As part on an ongoing series, every writer at The Daily Banter will be penning an essay titled ‘What is The Daily Banter?’ Given this was my idea, it was only fair that I go first (well, everyone else on the team took the other dates so I sort of had to to go first…).

I don’t have anything particularly clever to say about the site or what we do – I’m hoping that should be evident given the amount of writing we’ve been doing these past three years. But I would like to share a bit about the beginnings site and how it got to where it is today.

MEMBERS ONLY: One for the Aging

By December 10, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 5.21.40 PM

“I turn 45 on Thursday. This birthday feels infinitely more daunting than my 40th, mostly because over the past five years I’ve finally begun to feel my age. There are people who tell you that age is simply a number or a state of mind. They’re lying. You can try to “think young” all you’d like but eventually your body tells you to go fuck yourself, and the realization of that is what adjusts your overall attitude whether you like it or not. I’m not who I was even a few years ago and there’s no way around it. Granted, my life changed drastically in 2006 when I had a tumor the size of a pinball — does anyone even play pinball anymore? Is that a dated reference? — pulled out of my head. My brain chemistry and various aspects of what made me me were altered overnight, but in spite of a few hiccups it didn’t feel like it had the power to truly cripple me until the years piled on top of the trauma. Now, at the age of 45, I can’t tell how much of the figurative weight I feel on me as I get out of bed each morning is my age and how much is the aftermath of the surgery, even all these years later.”

Bill Carter Leaving the New York Times Is One More Nail in the Coffin of Good Journalism

By December 03, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-12-03 at 11.21.24 AM

Bill Carter, the New York Times‘s TV industry savant, is taking a voluntary buyout. It’s bad news for the paper — and us.

Bill O’Reilly Has To Call Bullsh*t On Ed Henry’s Obama Immigration Speech Attack

By November 21, 2014
henry

Of course, things got crazy on Fox News following President Obama’s big immigration speech, but even by those standards, it was surprising to see Bill O’Reilly have to talk Ed Henry down.

Republican Leader Can Name Like, Two Whole Women Right Off The Top Of His Head

By November 19, 2014
chair

Republicans have managed to exactly duplicate their feat of shutting women out of almost every committee chairmanship.

College President’s Horrifying Rape Comments Are Basically Conservative Dogma

By November 12, 2014
lincolnpres_141110a-800x430

The notion that legions of spurned jezebels are entrapping men with false accusations of rape is quite widespread among conservatives.

Darrell Issa Just Got Trolled Into Retweeting Photos Of Famous Murderers

By November 07, 2014
himmler

You know your social media team is having an off day when they’re retweeting photos that put Timothy McVeigh in a positive light.

Ben Stein Calling Obama ‘Racist’ On Fox News Wasn’t Even the Dumbest Thing He Said

By November 03, 2014
BenStein

Calling Obama “racist” used to get you in trouble at Fox, but a lot has changed in five years. Not enough, though, to redeem the really crazy thing Ben Stein said on Sunday.

Muslim Guest Lets Bill Maher Have It For Islam-Bashing

By November 02, 2014
rula

Palestinian journalist Rula Jebreal dug in hard against Bill Maher over his commencement speech controversy, pointing out that it’s not about freedom of speech, it’s about freedom from speech.

The Stats Are in: Men Are Lazy When it Comes to Housework

By October 27, 2014
housewife

New numbers from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics show that women are still doing the majority of housework across America.

Men: Stop being lazy assholes.

Subscribe to the Banter Newsletter!