Uncategorized

This New Technology Will Allow People To Read 1,000 Words Per Minute, But Can We Be Trusted With That Power?

By March 06, 2014
books

“Real reading didn’t understand time restrictions, it wasn’t something done in haste so that a to-do box could be checked. It was meant to be done deliberately and patiently.”

THE MORNING BANTER: RT Journalist Resignations, Crazy Plans For Russia, Senate Blocks, and Debunked Hoverboards

By March 06, 2014
huvr

Happy Thursday. We’re only a few stiff drinks and haphazardly written emails away from Friday! Here’s what’s happening on the interweb:

Media Piles on Abby Martin, Our Role in It, and My Apology

By March 05, 2014
Abby Martin, Russia Today presenter

The entire internet is raining fire on Abby Martin right now. Not because she stood up to her employer, RT, but because she was ‘outed’ as a former member of the 9/11 truth movement in her early 20s. Was this fair, or a smear job? One thing is clear, we were part of it.

How Badly Did the Oscars Screw Idina Menzel?

By March 03, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-03-03 at 10.25.59 AM

Travolta’s gaffe may not be the only way the Oscars screwed Menzel last night. I hate to speculate, but I’m going to anyway because it’s impossible to imagine that what happened on TV last night was the plan from the start.

This Depressing New Gender Pay Gap Infographic Will Depress You

By February 28, 2014
MjAxMi1lY2ZjMTlkYzFiY2VkNjZk

This infographic on the US gender pay gap might be one of the most effective state-by-state breakdowns when it comes to illustrating the salary discrepancies between men and women in America. And it’s kind of a downer.

“You Have No Idea What’s Coming”: The Full “Godzilla” Trailer Arrives

By February 25, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-02-25 at 12.02.52 PM

Our first glimpse of Godzilla was thrillingly eerie and menacing, and now we’re getting an even better look at the destruction science fiction’s greatest monster will be bringing to the big screen this summer.

The Crazy Right is Growing, So How Do We Stop it?

By February 25, 2014
Glenn Beck

The numbers show that more people are tuning into Glenn Beck’s site than ever. What does this mean for America, and how can it be stopped?

THE MORNING BANTER: Syrian Cyberattacks, Arizona Gays, F*cking Google, and Harold Ramis

By February 25, 2014
ghostbusters-image

Happy Tuesday. We’ve got a long way to go. Here’s what’s happening on the interweb:

How Tony Blair’s Advice to Rebekah Brooks Over Phone Hacking Scandal Suggests He Lied About Iraq War

By February 19, 2014
brooks-blair-hacki_1947185i

The news that former British Prime Minister Tony Blair apparently ‘unofficially’ advised the disgraced News of the World editor Rebekah Brooks over the phone hacking scandal in the UK back in July of 2011 is creating waves in the British press. But the details in the revelation betrays something far darker about Blair, who survived scandal after scandal while in power through his considerable powers of persuasion.

The Daily Banter “Dos and Don’ts” Guide to Google Glass

By February 19, 2014
google glass

The internet is buzzing with the recently published Google’s ‘How To’ manual on Glass, it’s fancy eyewear product that allows you see the world wide web on your lenses. They aren’t being entirely honest with their customers about how not to come across as a douche. So in the interests of the public, if you are an ‘Explorer’, here’s our ‘Do’s and Don’ts’ guide on how to wear (or not wear) Google’s latest gizmo.

WATCH: A Second City Chris Farley Channels Matt Foley Living Down By The River Years Before SNL

By February 19, 2014
SNL_0813_04_Motivational_Speaker

A video posted on Second City’s YouTube page yesterday shows a young Farley screaming about government cheese and vans down by the river in a sketch with Bob Odenkirk, Jill Talley, and Tim Meadows.

If Trolls Are Actually Mentally Ill People, What Do We Do About It?

By February 18, 2014
notamonster

Why is that offline we understand the need to reach out and help those that are mentally ill, but online we not only ignore those that exhibit disturbing behavior, but leave them to their own devices and occasionally make fun of them?

Surprisingly Unrepugnant News About the Westboro Baptist Church

By February 17, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-02-17 at 1.00.22 PM

The Westboro Baptist Church is dying because Americans are finding better ways to block their protests, and the church itself is rotting from the inside.

THE MORNING BANTER: The Weather Is a Weapon, Flappy Bird Lives, Cruising with Paula Deen, and God Loves Irony

By February 17, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-02-16 at 7.02.05 PM

It’s Monday, but it’s also a holiday, so hopefully you’ve got the day off. Regardless, here are a few internet tidbits to leave you informed and less bored this morning.

How Religion Can Make You a Sex Addict

By February 14, 2014
religious-websites-05-02-2012

Is sex addiction real, or is it a myth perpetuated by people and organizations with a religious agenda?

Translating Andrea Peyser’s Hateful Column on Philip Seymour Hoffman

By February 10, 2014
Andrea Peyser

Andrea Peyser, the New York Post’s resident hate monger, penned a lengthy diatribe against recently deceased Philip Seymour Hoffman yesterday, because Goddammit, he’s been dead long enough for her to piss all over his grave with her political agenda!

The Right Is Going To Elect President Hillary Clinton

By February 10, 2014
hillary-clinton-cellphone

If Hillary Clinton takes the presidential oath of office on January 20, 2017, her victory will be partially thanks to voters, volunteers, donors and… the right wing. The very concept of Hillary Clinton running for the presidency, let alone winning it, seems to have the same effect on the right as waving a red flag… Read More

UpBuzzViralWorthFeed: This Fake Australian Stay In School Ad Is Blowing Up On The Web

By February 07, 2014
102238-0fb5e014-8964-11e3-9956-927a0b0ae164

Usually we tell you what kind of amazing viral video you’re about to watch to get your eyeballs salivating, but this one is something special.