Uncategorized

Sarah Palin and Left Wing Conspiracy Theories

By December 07, 2009

Matt Taibbi responds to Sarah Palin's claims that the controversy surrounding Trig's birth was a 'Left Wing Conspiracy' even though it was essentially lead by a conservative (Andrew Sullivan): Even though Andrew Sullivan is a Republican, it’s not hard to see why Sarah Palin lumps him in with the left. Sullivan is gay, has probably… Read More

Swiss Style Health Care in America?

By December 06, 2009

Bob Cesca on a new health care proposal that would be similar to the Federal Employee Health Benefits Plan: This is basically the Swiss health insurance system. Private (unfortunately) but non-profit and government operated. But, in this plan, the privates are literally forced by the Office of Personnel Management to negotiate lower rates if they… Read More

Is the Public Option Dead?

By December 04, 2009

Gawker reports on the quiet death of the public option, away from the prying eyes of the media and public, predictably negotiated down by corporate Democrats in an attempt to 'make a deal' (read: sell out to their financial backers). Apparently, the aim was always to 'increase competition and lower costs' not to dismantle an… Read More

Robert Gibbs vs Idiot Celebrity Reporter

By December 04, 2009

Robert Gibbs gets into it with an impetuous April Ryan of American Urban Radio. Ryan was desperate to be taken seriously with her gossipy question about the recent party crashers at the state dinner, but Gibbs wasn’t having any of it:

Obama Administration Confusion Over Afghan Policy

By December 04, 2009

Glenn Greenwald notes the wildly diverging lines coming out of the White House on Obama's Afghan strategy: On the vital question of whether Obama is committed to begin withdrawing troops from Afghanistan in July, 2011 — or whether that's just an aspirational target subject to being moved — the statements from key administration officials aren't… Read More

Tea Baggers The Movie!

By December 03, 2009

Too funny:

Who Cares About Tiger Woods?

By December 03, 2009

Tiger Woods has made the headlines on pretty much every respectable news outlet for crashing his car and cheating on his wife. While the stories do involve one of the world's greatest athletes should it really be headline news? Yes, he had a nasty scrape, and yes, he messed around with several women who weren't… Read More

Obama Does His Best George Bush Impression

By December 03, 2009

Jon Stewart nails Obama for his Bush like speech on war: It pains me to say this, but I agree with Stewart 100%. Obama’s war speech this week was entirely reminiscent of George Bush’s rhetoric on Iraq. I’m still behind Obama, and I still believe he is the best possible President at this particular time,… Read More

Test Page

By December 02, 2009

This is a test page

Deabting Obama’s Strategy, ctd.

By December 02, 2009

by Ari Rutenberg Just to add my two cents to the comments by Bob, Ben, and Matt, I think it is a fool's errand.  From my perspective, there are three main issues at hand here, only one of which actually has to do with Afghanistan.  The first is the same mistake large bureaucracies, especially the… Read More

Debating Obama’s Strategy

By December 02, 2009

The debate in the blogosphere rages on Obama's Afghan strategy: Bob Cesca writes: So it seems like the president's plan for rapidly securing the region followed by a withdrawal beginning in 2011 seems to be a good enough way to confront these disparate problems. But make no mistake, this is chemotherapy — this is a… Read More

The Exit Strategy

By December 02, 2009

Obama lays out the plans to remove troops from Afghanistan in 2011 (via Andrew Sullivan): This is exactly the same nonsense we heard about Iraq, that we would withdraw responsibly, that we'd 'make it clear that their country would be their responsibility' etc. This type of moral lecturing is deeply offensive given we have reduced… Read More

Glenn Beck: Miraculous Rebirth for America

By December 02, 2009

Glenn Beck on his vision for America’s future: “It’s not going to be pretty, but it’s going to be good….we’re going to have a miraculous rebirth!”

Predictably, Obama Chooses to Escalate Afghanistan War

By December 01, 2009

It is sad to say that Barack Obama has cowardly allowed himself to be bullied by the military and the hawks in his own party and the Republicans. In choosing to send 30,000 more troops to the endless black hole that is Afghanistan, Obama has shown he has no stomach to fight the establishment when… Read More

Cable News Ninjas

By December 01, 2009

by Ari Rutenberg According to John Cole at Balloon Juice, last night "Ed Schultz just spent fifteen minutes talking about the party crashers, and actually said “What if one of them were a ninja? Obama could have been killed.”" My love of ninjas is well known, and I like Ed Schultz, but seriously what the… Read More

David Cameron: Bred to be Prime Minister

By December 01, 2009

Madeleine Bunting writes a frighteningly accurate portrait of Tory leader David Cameron in the Guardian, giving insight into the vastly complex workings of the British upper classes and how the future rulers of the world are groomed. The article resonated with me because Cameron is much like many of the people I went to school… Read More

Karl Rove Thought Deficits Didn’t Matter 8 Years Ago

By November 30, 2009

Andrew Sullivan recalls a discussion with Karl Rove, now a crusader against deficits: I remember very vividly a heated argument with Karl Rove over eight years ago in which I worried about spending and deficits. "Deficits don't matter!" Rove kept repeating in that nasal world-weary tone he has. After a bit, I said, "What do… Read More

Climate Change Emails Debunked

By November 30, 2009

Paul Jay interviews George Monbiot on the leaked climate change emails from the University of East Anglia. Monbiot explains why the emails don't prove anything when it comes to debunking climate change:

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!

Subscribe to the Banter Newsletter!