Uncategorized

Unemployment Numbers are Still Awful

By December 11, 2009

Paul Krugman wonders why people are getting excited about the unemployment numbers: It was truly amazing the way last week’s employment report was hailed by many people as a sign that our troubles are over. Here we are, having suffered huge job losses, and needing to make up the lost ground — and a report… Read More

The Death of Health Care Reform

By December 10, 2009

Matt Taibbi sums up the monumental efforts in Congress and the Senate to basically do absolutely nothing about serious health care reform: The old system of inefficient bureaucracies and artificially high prices has basically been completely protected. What we’re left figuring out is exactly how to pay for a hugely expensive new program without taking… Read More

Blinded By Obama’s Charm

By December 09, 2009

I've maintained for a long time that the Left must not become obsessed with the image of Obama, and must constantly hold his feet to the fire when it comes to enacting progressive legislation. Too often, Obama supporters refuse to criticize Obama because, well, he appears to be a nice and reasonable chap. Glenn Greenwald… Read More

Megan McArdle: Scrap Expansion of Medicare Because is isn’t Profitable

By December 09, 2009

The Atlantic's resident idiot libertarian explains that allowing 55 year olds into Medicare is a bad idea because it wouldn't be profitable: What is a Medicare buy-in going to do if the check gets lost in the mail, or someone forgets?  Insurance companies cut you off.Medicare is going to have a hard time telling some… Read More

Don’t Believe in Global Warming!

By December 08, 2009

A very silly, very funny anti global warming vid (via Bob Cesca):

Is Trig Palin Fair Game?

By December 08, 2009

Andrew Sullivan went on The Joy Behar Show last night to talk about his disillusionment with the Conservative movement. As is always the case, Sullivan ended up talking about Sarah Palin (I'm not blaming him though, given her prominence in the GOP). Sullivan has been somewhat obsessed with the bizarre circumstances surrounding Trig Palin's birth,… Read More

Gordon Brown Lays Out Big Spending Cuts

By December 08, 2009

New Labour is continuing in its schizophrenic Keynesian/Monetarist policies in an attempt to be all things to all people. Gordon Brown has laid out 12 billion pounds in 'efficiency cuts' that proposes to 'streamline government' at a time of crisis. At the same time, Brown is proposing to increase spending across Britain in an attempt… Read More

Tax Structure in U.K to Change: Poor Will Benefit and Rich will Pay

By December 07, 2009

Some good news from the Independent: The best-off will see their spending power cut by as much as 9 per cent, almost £5,000 a year, the most vicious assault on their living standards in three decades. The impact of swingeing income tax and national insurance hikes, VAT increases, expected moves back to more normal mortgage… Read More

Sarah Palin: “God’s Hand of Protection Manifest in American History”

By December 07, 2009

A truly scary interview with Sarah Palin on God’s role in American history. If you ever needed proof that this woman should never be allowed anywhere near public office, check below. Be afraid. Be very afraid:

Sarah Palin and Left Wing Conspiracy Theories

By December 07, 2009

Matt Taibbi responds to Sarah Palin's claims that the controversy surrounding Trig's birth was a 'Left Wing Conspiracy' even though it was essentially lead by a conservative (Andrew Sullivan): Even though Andrew Sullivan is a Republican, it’s not hard to see why Sarah Palin lumps him in with the left. Sullivan is gay, has probably… Read More

Swiss Style Health Care in America?

By December 06, 2009

Bob Cesca on a new health care proposal that would be similar to the Federal Employee Health Benefits Plan: This is basically the Swiss health insurance system. Private (unfortunately) but non-profit and government operated. But, in this plan, the privates are literally forced by the Office of Personnel Management to negotiate lower rates if they… Read More

Is the Public Option Dead?

By December 04, 2009

Gawker reports on the quiet death of the public option, away from the prying eyes of the media and public, predictably negotiated down by corporate Democrats in an attempt to 'make a deal' (read: sell out to their financial backers). Apparently, the aim was always to 'increase competition and lower costs' not to dismantle an… Read More

Robert Gibbs vs Idiot Celebrity Reporter

By December 04, 2009

Robert Gibbs gets into it with an impetuous April Ryan of American Urban Radio. Ryan was desperate to be taken seriously with her gossipy question about the recent party crashers at the state dinner, but Gibbs wasn’t having any of it:

Obama Administration Confusion Over Afghan Policy

By December 04, 2009

Glenn Greenwald notes the wildly diverging lines coming out of the White House on Obama's Afghan strategy: On the vital question of whether Obama is committed to begin withdrawing troops from Afghanistan in July, 2011 — or whether that's just an aspirational target subject to being moved — the statements from key administration officials aren't… Read More

Tea Baggers The Movie!

By December 03, 2009

Too funny:

Who Cares About Tiger Woods?

By December 03, 2009

Tiger Woods has made the headlines on pretty much every respectable news outlet for crashing his car and cheating on his wife. While the stories do involve one of the world's greatest athletes should it really be headline news? Yes, he had a nasty scrape, and yes, he messed around with several women who weren't… Read More

Obama Does His Best George Bush Impression

By December 03, 2009

Jon Stewart nails Obama for his Bush like speech on war: It pains me to say this, but I agree with Stewart 100%. Obama’s war speech this week was entirely reminiscent of George Bush’s rhetoric on Iraq. I’m still behind Obama, and I still believe he is the best possible President at this particular time,… Read More

Test Page

By December 02, 2009

This is a test page

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!