Politics

Christian Lawmaker Slams Hinduism But Ends Up Making Case Against Christian Prayer

By March 05, 2015
Nuxoll

An Idaho state senator gives a virtuoso performance of bigoted buffoonery.

The AP’s Bombshell Hillary Clinton Email Story Fails to Prove Existence of “Homebrew” Server

By March 04, 2015
Hillary Clinton testifies

There’s no evidence indicating Clinton ran an email server in her house.

We Finally Know the Not-So-Harrowing Regulation Hillary Clinton Allegedly Violated

By March 04, 2015
hillary_Clinton-email

Forgive me if I don’t totally freak out and superglue a “gate” onto this one.

MEMBERS ONLY: A Greenwald/Snowden Critic’s Review of ‘Citizenfour’ (It Was Actually Damn Good)

By March 03, 2015
citizenfour

I realize the deep irony in such a review given how I’ve been slamming the reporting surrounding Ed Snowden since day one (I stand by all of it), as well as Glenn Greenwald’s national security reporting for several years prior to that, but I tend to give filmmakers far more latitude because while documentaries can be journalism, they don’t have to be in order to be great.

That Story About Hillary Clinton’s Private Email Account Isn’t as Awful as It Seems

By March 03, 2015
120410_clinton_meme_2_rt_605

Like many of the bombshell news stories we’ve witnessed in the last couple of years, it all falls apart under the most cursory level of scrutiny.

Stephen Colbert Discusses His Favorite Things About Being Catholic (VIDEO)

By March 02, 2015
colbert_catholic

One of the many things I admire about Stephen Colbert is that in spite of the anti-religion and vocally anti-Catholic leanings of a large portion of his audience, he owns his Catholicism.

This Year’s CPAC Speakers: Three Generations of Stupid

By March 02, 2015
cpac_stupids

This year, whether by design or coincidence, CPAC successfully covered all its bases by featuring dumbstupids spanning three generations. Who were these multi-generational representatives of the increasingly marginalized far-right brand?

Reporter Ken Silverstein Confirms What Critics Have Said About ‘The Intercept’ From the Beginning

By February 27, 2015
greenwald_omidyar

If journalist Ken Silverstein’s tell-all article published today in Politico Magazine is to be believed, critics of The Intercept have been vindicated.

MEMBERS ONLY: The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag: Racism and Geckos

By February 27, 2015
nsfw-box_large

On this week’s edition of the NSFW Video Mail Bag, Ben, Chez and Bob discuss Brittney Cooper, the Oscars and Racism. Plus, a special visit by a Hawaii gecko!

The Daily Banter Video Mail Bag: Democratic Contenders, Telegenic Presidents and Bill O’Reilly

By February 27, 2015
oreilly-doitlive

On this week’s edition of The Daily Banter Video Mail Bag, Ben, Chez and Bob discuss non-Hillary Democratic contenders, telegenic and intelligent presidents, and the Bill O’Reilly lies.

MEMBERS ONLY: Which Countries Jeb Bush Will Invade, Ranked

By February 27, 2015
jeb_bush_george_w

Jeb, like his brother George, is a man who goes by his gut and isn’t afraid to wield a big stick. He’s already proved himself an up-and-coming hardliner to watch out for by absorbing key members of Dubya’s national security team, and he’s repeatedly warned of the weak approach Obama is taking to issues from Iran’s nuclear program to setting up new trade ties with Cuba.

If elected, the world will be his oyster. We’re all watching with bated breath to see which of these countries will be lucky enough to be freed next. Here they are:

Rick Perry Talked Out Of His Ass Again At CPAC

By February 27, 2015
RickPerry

Oops.

MEMBERS ONLY: What Sarah Palin and Al Sharpton Tell Us About the Sorry State Of Punditry

By February 27, 2015
SharptonPalin

When Sarah Palin and Al Sharpton were photographed together on the red carpet before the 40th anniversary special for Saturday Night Live, the internet declared that “Hell has frozen over.” But despite the initial shock of seeing the two politically polar opposite pundits sharing an amiable moment, the two have more in common than you might think. Read more…

Best Of Banter: GOP Govs Don’t Care, Chuck C. Johnson’s Still a Douche, and Bill O’Reilly’s Most Bizarre Lie Yet

By February 26, 2015
billo

Here’s the week that was, at The Daily Banter.

Rand Paul Provides Dumbest Blue Print Ever to Beat Hillary in 2016

By February 26, 2015
RandPaulMSNBC

The scandal that clearly wasn’t a scandal will apparently provide enough ammunition to take down the Democratic front runner for the 2016 Presidential election. Welcome to the world of Rand Paul…

Meet the Conservative “Avengers” Speaking at CPAC This Week

By February 26, 2015
The-Avengers-Poster

Excelsior?

Bill O’Reilly’s Latest Whopper Lie is Also His Most Bizarre Lie So Far

By February 24, 2015
o-OREILLY-BULL-BLANK-facebook

Probably the best thing about all of this has been his reaction. It’s like a slow-motion version of his “do it live!” meltdown.

Following Pro-Secession Remarks, Ron Paul Says the Black Caucus Was Only Anti-War Because Food Stamps

By February 24, 2015
ron_paul_flag

It’s unclear what else he could say that’d make him look more like an 1850s era fire-eater, short of announcing that it’s a business’s right to purchase slave labor because libertarianism and the free market.