Politics

Fox News Doesn’t Trust the CDC About Ebola Because Obama or Something

By October 01, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 1.05.23 PM

Dr. Thomas Frieden says he has complete confidence that the disease can be stopped in its tracks. But Steve Doocy, needless to say, isn’t so sure.

EXCLUSIVE: Media Uses Wrong Photo Of Activist Killed By ISIS, Raising Questions About Accuracy Of Reporting

By October 01, 2014
WrongWoman

Sloppy mistakes like these call into question the veracity of many other stories filtering out of Iraq and Syria into the Western media.

The ‘Morning Joe’ Crew Has a Really Sexist Explanation For the White House Security Breach

By October 01, 2014
MorningJoe

Despite many White House security breaches in the past, these didn’t stop the men on ‘Morning Joe’ from blaming the latest one on the gender of the current Secret Service director.

Stephen Colbert Is Really Pissing Off Bill O’Reilly, And It’s Awesome

By September 30, 2014
colbert_Oreilly_feud

It’s always entertaining to observe an egomaniac gasbag, who takes himself way too seriously, respond to jokes about his childish ideas.

Republicans’ New Black Friend Is Either A Stock Photo Or Is Having A Very Interesting Day

By September 30, 2014
gop ad

Earlier, we told you about the enormous fail that is the #IAmARepublican hashtag campaign, and the equally enormous fail of an ad campaign to which it was pegged. As crummy as the “Republicans Are People Too” ad is, you would think that at a minimum, it would feature actual people who are actual Republicans. You… Read More

John Oliver, Bill O’Reilly and Two Very Different Views of Obama

By September 30, 2014
obama_oliver_oreilly

If you were in a coma for the last six years, then suddenly awakened this past weekend to observe both John Oliver’s show and Bill O’Reilly’s Sunday show appearance, you might assume they were talking about the military actions of two very separate and distinct presidents.

The New “#IAmARepublican” Campaign Is Backfiring In Predictably Spectacular Fashion

By September 30, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-09-29 at 11.08.10 PM

Needless to say, #IAmARepublican functioned as it was supposed to for all of maybe 48 hours before being hijacked and turned into one big flying snark bomb.

National Review’s Kevin Williamson: Abortions Are Homicide Punishable By Hanging

By September 29, 2014
abortion_murder

Nation Review contributor Kevin D. Williamson appears to have locked down what the consequences should be for having an abortion.

Bill O’Reilly Slams U.S. Military Commanders for Not Being More Like General Patton

By September 29, 2014
oreilly_patton_isis

O’Reilly not only continued to push for the privatization of the U.S. armed forces by replacing the troops with an outsourced 25,000-man mercenary army, but he also stated point-blank that there aren’t any active-duty military commanders who are capable of defeating ISIS.

The Daily Banter Video Mail Bag: Alternatives to Huff Post, Our Favorite Writers and Debunking Conspiracy Theories!

By September 26, 2014
mail_bag_ben1

MEMBERS ONLY: Welcome to the all new Daily Banter Video Mailbag! In our very first edition, Ben Cohen, Chez Pazienza and Bob Cesca discuss alternatives to the Huffington Post, which writers we’d like to see on the Banter, and why it’s important to laugh at conspiracy theorists. As a bonus, we also have Chez giving Ben relationship advice…

The Answer To the ISIS Problem Is Staring Us Right In the Face

By September 26, 2014
ISISTankBBC

It’s not pretty, but it has to be done.

Jon Stewart To Fox News: Why Is It NOW Okay To Criticize the President During Wartime?

By September 26, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-09-26 at 9.04.49 AM

Jon Stewart tells Eric Bolling, “Fuck you and all your false patriotism.”

Watch Police In Ferguson Deal With White Pizzeria Owner Who Pulled Gun On Protesters

By September 25, 2014
faracis

Tensions in Ferguson, Missouri flared anew Thursday night, as peaceful protesters marching and chanting in protest of the Mike Brown killing were met by a local business owner whom police confirm pulled a gun on the marchers. Check out the police reaction to an armed white man at a protest for the killing of an unarmed black teenager.

PODCAST: Bob Cesca and Chez Pazienza Discuss the GOP Outrage About Obama’s Coffee Salute, and More

By September 25, 2014
obama_coffee

On this week’s podcast, Bob and Chez discuss airstrikes in Syria; InfoWars Goon Dan Bidondi’s incoherent outrage; Eric Holder’s resignation and the social media meme culture.

GOP Continues to Blow Off Rule About Not Criticizing the President During Wartime

By September 25, 2014
fox_limbaugh_commander_in_chief

Here’s just another friendly reminder of what we thought was the rule about this kind of behavior.

The Far-Right’s 10 Most Ridiculous Obama Non-Scandal Scandals

By September 24, 2014
thanks_obama

Here are the top 10 Obama non-controversies as circulated by the far-right outrage machine.

Ashleigh Banfield Just Called In An Airstrike On Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn

By September 24, 2014
banfield

CNN anchor Ashleigh Banfield has conducted a devastating airstrike that’s crippled the main Republican talking point on Obama’s handling of ISIS.

Scott Brown: Vote For Me Or the Country Will Collapse When ISIS Comes In From Mexico

By September 24, 2014
ScottBrown

Shorter Brown: Vote for me or you’re all gonna die.