Contributors

Oliver Willis

Oliver Willis has been a blogger since 2000 and has one of the most visited sites in the liberal blogosphere. A widely followed Huffington Post contributor and employee for Media Matters, Oliver is one of the major voices on the progressive Left. As the Boston Globe notes,

Top Articles by Oliver Willis

Borders Filing For Bankruptcy

The Wall Street Journal reports that Borders will file for bankruptcy on Monday or Tuesday, and will close about 200 stores.

ABC: Obama Pushed Mubarak

Jake Tapper reports that the White House pushed Hosni Mubarak to respond to the protesters by stepping down.

Mubarak Steps Down

Congrats to the protesters in Egypt, who followed in the morally superior tradition of non-violent protest. President Hosni Mubarak left the Egyptian capital for his resort home in Sharm el-Sheik on Friday and was expected to make a statement, state television said, amid indications that a transfer of power was under way. We don’t know… Read More

VIDEO: 9yr Old Tanzanian Boy Recounts "Commando", Wins Internet

Via Boing Boing, this video is from this group – Mama Hope. We’ve had enough of the tragic impressions of Africans that flood the media and nonprofit campaigns. We aim to break these stereotypes by releasing a series of captivating videos that show the light of the people we serve in Africa. We aspire to… Read More

VIDEO: Racist Group "Youth For Western Civilization" At CPAC

They of course find a receptive audience. (via) Their mission statement: We have the self-evident right and duty to work for the survival of our own culture and civilization. There is no reason to believe that the advances of modernity and the political freedoms we enjoy will endure with the extinction of the civilization that… Read More

David Horowitz: CPAC Has Ties To Radical Islam

Watching this gang of kooks beat up on each other is really fun. Following in the footsteps of right-wing pundit Frank Gaffney, David Horowitz is accusing CPAC of having connections to radical Islam. Horowitz spoke at a CPAC panel in 2009, where he was introduced by notorious anti-Muslim activist Pamela Geller, and the David Horowitz… Read More

Palin 2012 Button At CPAC

The retort, of course, is the same that was used with Goldwater when his supporters used this slogan: “In your gut, you know she’s nuts.” (via)

Mubarak NOT Stepping Down, Transferring Power

This just keeps getting crazier. Egypt’s President Hosni Mubarak looked likely to step aside on Thursday after the military high command took control of the nation in what some called a military coup after two weeks of unprecedented protests. Al Arabiya television, citing what it called trusted sources minutes before Mubarak was due to address… Read More

Jason Whitlock: Still Stupid

Jason Whitlock, when last we checked in with America’s worst sports columnist (a hell of a distinction considering the competition), was claiming there was racism somehow in the Tiger Woods story. Today Whitlock makes the asinine claim that Russ Grimm and Art Monk shouldn’t be hall of famers. Moron. Grimm was a key element of… Read More

UK's Daily Star Champions Racist Group

Pretty sad media news from across the pond. Yesterday’s Daily Star broke new ground by publishing a political splash. Over a picture of flag-waving marchers was the headline English Defence League to become political party. As this reproduction of its front page shows, it was anything but a neutral presentation. It is a clear piece… Read More

Mississippi Debates Honoring Klan Leader On License Plates

The south fails yet again. You’ve got to be kidding me. A fight is brewing in Mississippi over a proposal to issue specialty license plates honoring Confederate Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, who was an early leader of the Ku Klux Klan. The Mississippi Division of Sons of Confederate Veterans wants to sponsor a series of… Read More

Republicanism In A Nutshell

“GOP Proposes $1.6 Billion Cut to EPA Budget, Defends $4 Billion in Oil Subsidies“

Report: Mubarak Stepping Down

NBC’s sources are reporting that Hosni Mubarak may be stepping down soon, handing over power to VP Omar Suleiman.

Jon Kyl Retiring

Numerous sources are reporting that Arizona Senator Jon Kyl will be reitiring.

Mitt Romney Flip Flops In His Own Book

Mitt Romney is like a chameleon. He changes his rhetoric and ideology depending on what can win him the most votes at the minute. That’s what flipped him from being a pro-choice governor to an anti-choice presidential candidate, or from being anti-Reagan when he ran against Ted Kennedy to advertising himself as a Reagan Republican… Read More

The Lies Of Glenn Beck & Jonah Goldberg: Mussolini Edition

I don’t know why anyone takes conservatives seriously on anything, let alone history. Following in the footsteps of Jonah Goldberg, Glenn Beck has repeatedly taken a quote from a 1923 New York Times article out of context and portrayed the newspaper as praising Italian dictator Benito Mussolini. In fact, the Times was quoting a magazine… Read More

Fox Insider: "Stuff Is Just Made Up," "A Propaganda Outfit"

They’re starting to leak like a sieve. Indeed, a former Fox News employee who recently agreed to talk with Media Matters confirmed what critics have been saying for years about Murdoch’s cable channel. Namely, that Fox News is run as a purely partisan operation, virtually every news story is actively spun by the staff, its… Read More

Palin 2012 Puts Tennessee In Play

Please, please run. The latest survey to show a traditionally red state potentially swinging to Obama if Palin is the Republican nominee comes out of Tennessee. A Vanderbilt University survey found Obama at 42 percent to 37 percent for Palin even though nearly 54 percent of respondents said they disapprove of the job the president… Read More

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!

Subscribe to the Banter Newsletter!