Contributors

Ben Cohen

Ben Cohen is the editor of The Daily Banter and founder of Banter Media Group. Ben writes a regular column for the Huffington Post and is a regular guest on the RT Network. Ben covered boxing and Mixed Martial Arts for TrueSlant.com, Secondsouts.com, Black Belt Magazine, Boxing Monthly Magazine and ESPN.com. Originally from London, England he currently lives in Washington DC.

Top Articles by Ben Cohen

west_v_dyson

Cornel West’s Response to Michael Eric Dyson is Pathetic

If this is West’s final response in the ugly war he started, it is a fitting one for a man who no longer takes himself seriously.

001-florida-vacation-rentals

Dear Rich People: Your Second Home is Creating a Homeless Epidemic

The notion that millions of people can be subjected to crippling housing situations where rent is either astronomically high, conditions are appalling, or housing simply isn’t available so that the ultra wealthy can get a good return on their fortune is one of the greatest tragedies of modern capitalism.

moon-earth-planet-wallpapers-landscape

Earth Day: Time to Stop the Madness

At this point, there seems to be little need to repeat the alarming data we have on climate change and the colossal destruction of the planet’s eco systems. Week after week, new data comes in with grimmer and grimmer news about the state of planet earth and our future on it, but to little avail. So what the hell can we do?

cornel west

MEMBERS ONLY: Eric Dyson is Right About Cornel West and His Ugly Demise

Michael Eric Dyson penned what can only be described as a devastating takedown of his former friend and mentor Cornel West in the New Republic this week – a takedown so painfully accurate that it should rightly put a nail in the coffin of a once great thinker who has become a sad parody of… Read More

Pictures-Of-Jesus-Christ-Images-5

Jesus Was Pro Transgender and Almost Certainly Pro Gay

While not popular with fundamentalists, Jesus did have some views on being transgendered, and mostly likely homosexuality. Read it and weep, gay haters.

Pastor David Berzins

Because Jesus Would Definitely Call For Stoning Homosexuals

Apparently, when Jesus stated that “Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself,” he actually meant that you should stone people to death if you don’t agree with their lifestyle.

Chris Christie

Chris Christie’s Marijuana Crackdown Pledge Shows Just How Out of Touch He Really is

The reality is that the majority of Americans favor pot legalization, a trend that has been growing steadily for the past 45 years. Christie’s inability to tune into this growing awareness of reality shows you just how out of sync he is with today’s cultural zeitgeist.

ku-klux-klan-member

This Week in News Proves Florida is Certifiably Insane

This past week in the sunshine state alone, three KKK linked prison guards were charged in a plot to kill a former inmate, a man used his Chevy Camaro to pull his son’s teeth out, and a new deadly drug named ‘Flakka’ swept the state leading to a gun wielding naked man shouting “I feel delusional, and I’m hallucinating!” from a rooftop.

RNC

Republican Congresswoman Asks Facebook Fans to Diss Obamacare, Fails Spectacularly

Republican Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers took to Facebook to help smear Obamacare. It failed quite spectacularly.

global_warming

For The Love of God, Please Share This Climate Change Video and Petition Before We’re All F*cked

The Guardian has launched a massive campaign this week urging dramatic action on climate change with one very simple action point: keeping fossil fuel in the ground before we roast ourselves to death. The campaign centers around an email petition asking the the world’s two biggest charitable funds to move their money out of fossil… Read More

jewish-settler-hebron

It’s Official: Israel is Now Apartheid South Africa

The election of Benjamin Netanyahu to his fourth term as prime minister of Israel has solidified what many have already known about the state of Israel: it is a racist, colonial state that cannot be considered a democracy in any shape or form.

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 3.32.35 PM

Republican Party Now So Ridiculous Conservatives Are Not Worth Debating Anymore

Banter Editor Ben Cohen debates conservatives over the human trafficking bill in the Senate and the success of Obamacare, and comes away with the conclusion that conservatives are no longer worth debating if they defend the Republican Party.

student-debt

Here is What The Student Loan Scam is Doing to America

Americans currently owe $1.6 trillion in student debt and that figure is expected to rise t0 $2 trillion in 2022. Study after study has shown that this debt is not only unsustainable, but a severe drag on the economy. People in severe debt don’t spend money, don’t start business and are always looking at ways to cut costs – in other words, the exact behavior that leads to recession. So what is the purpose of this insane system?

Businessman_wearing_dunce_cap_standing_in_corner_SMP0000500

Florida Banned Use of ‘Climate Change’ Because Florida is F*cking Stupid

Florida, the state where it is legal to shoot unarmed black people, real life cannibal zombies eat peoples’ faces, and grown men shoot themselves in the balls because guns, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that the state officials are not allowed to officially acknowledge climate change because it is ‘not a true fact’.

U.S. President Obama and Israel's Prime Minister Netanyahu shake hands while they hold a joint news conference at the Prime Minister's residence in Jerusalem

Noam Chomsky: Netanyahu, GOP’s Real Objective is to Undermine Obama and Destroy Peace

What exactly is Netanyahu’s agenda, and why does it coincide so closely with the GOP’s political ambitions both at home and abroad?

63950-640x360-london-icons2-640

MEMBERS ONLY: Who Stole My City?

“I had friends from all walks of life and honestly don’t remember them by way of ethnicity or social class. At that age, it was all about who could do Michael Jackson dancing the best, and who was the fastest runner. I’d go to my mates houses or flats after school for tea (biscuits and Ribena usually) and didn’t really get any sense that I was different to anyone else. South London was a slightly dangerous, yet fun place to grow up where you genuinely felt like you were part of a community.

Fast forward 25 years and my hometown of Clapham is a very, very different place.” Read more…