Contributors

Ben Cohen

Ben Cohen is the editor of The Daily Banter and founder of Banter Media Group. Ben writes a regular column for the Huffington Post and is a regular guest on the RT Network. Ben covered boxing and Mixed Martial Arts for TrueSlant.com, Secondsouts.com, Black Belt Magazine, Boxing Monthly Magazine and ESPN.com. Originally from London, England he currently lives in Washington DC.

Top Articles by Ben Cohen

Uqzxhkl15IQ95ulWSHOCxx0lfTDPnFZuW9WDmTWF9yU

City News Reporter Epically Shames ‘Soccer Bros’ on Live TV

Bravo to Shauna Hunt who confronted perhaps the saddest bunch of tossers in North America for not only being sad tossers, but recycling a joke that stopped being funny a year ago.

Michelle Obama Tuskegee

White People Lecture Michelle Obama on Life as a Black American

It is a well known fact that upper middle class white people are experts on what it is like to be black in America, and actually know more about it than black people.

_62629950_umunna

Is This The Next British Prime Minister?

In the wake of Labour’s colossal defeat at the polls last week and Ed Miliband’s rapid exit, the shadow business secretary, Chuka Umunna has now confirmed he will be standing for the Labour leadership.

student-debt

Noam Chomsky Explains How Capitalism Has Ruined American Universities

Required reading for anyone who wants to understand what has happened to the US university system, and how pressing the need for reform is:

david-cameron

The Conservatives May Have Won in Britain But Their Days are Still Numbered

While the Tories have clung onto power in Britain, they should be under no illusion that their days in power are numbered. Labour’s spectacular flop at the polls had little to do with the success of the Conservatives who ran a campaign built on ludicrous falsehoods and fear.

floyd-throne

Serial Woman Beater Floyd Mayweather Sued by Ex for Being an Asshole

According to Floyd Mayweather, he was actually only ‘restraining’ the mother of his three children Josie Harris when he beat her savagely in 2010. Harris is having none of it though, and is suing the boxer for $20 million.

keith ablow

Some Suggestions for Fox News Host Who Believes “Men Should Be Able To Veto Abortions”

A couple of days ago, Fox News Contributor and member of the network’s “Medical A-Team” Dr. Keith Ablow expressed his belief that men should be able to veto women’s abortions. Here he is discussing an unfortunate case regarding a recently split celebrity couple who are arguing over the future of their frozen embryos: Ablow has… Read More

jfl13_RussellBrand_715x353_050820130120

Why Russell Brand Changed his Mind on Voting Days Before UK Election

Former movie star turned political agitator Russell Brand has made a name for himself for his stance on voting. “I don’t vote,” said Brand at the MTV Awards in 2012. “I believe democracy is a pointless spectacle where we choose between two indistinguishable political parties, neither of whom represent the people but the interest of powerful business elites that run the world.”

Brand has not wavered from this stance until now, days before the UK general election.

chomsky harris

Sam Harris Exposes Noam Chomsky as a Pedantic Contrarian Unwilling to Debate Seriously

The email exchange between Noam Chomsky and Sam Harris was a truly ugly encounter that saw Harris attempt to engage Chomsky civilly, only to be rebuffed with relentlessly high handed dismissals and an astonishing refusal to engage Harris on some important issues that would have been enlightening for admirers of both men.

mayweather pacquaio

The Mega Mayweather vs Pacquiao Breakdown: Who Won and Why

In case you were on Mars over the weekend you are probably aware that Floyd Mayweather defeated Manny Pacquiao via decision at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in what was billed as the ‘Fight of the Century’. Here’s what went down:

Manny Pacquiao v Timothy Bradley

You are Crazy to Count Manny Pacquiao Out Against Floyd Mayweather

The truth is that Manny Pacquiao has not been outboxed since losing to Morales in 2005. So why are people counting him out against Floyd Mayweather this Saturday?

mayweather-pacquiao

Who Wins the Fight of the Century: Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather?

The Fight of the Century is upon us. Can the master boxer keep his undefeated record and tame the marauding Pacquaio? Or can the 8 weight champion force the defensive fighter out of his shell and land enough punches to win enough rounds to take the fight?

akE_Q1EPK7d_pCgzhGdfaiXF1J0-ynzVgf6Aa92YiVw

Head to Head With Conservatives on Baltimore, Gay Marriage and Gardening

Banter Editor Ben Cohen went toe to toe with conservatives on Baltimore and Gay marriage on Thom Hartmann’s show ‘The Big Picture Rumble’. Check out the bust up!

Baltimore-riots

Baltimore is the America We Asked For

Just as we created the robber barons on Wall St, we created the looters in Baltimore. Until we understand that ‘they’ are ‘us’ we can never hope to stop it.

bush

Dear George Bush, Kindly F*ck Off and Leave Foreign Policy to the Grown Ups

Dear George Bush, It has come to our attention that you have been expressing views on foreign policy again, 7 years after you left the White House. Apparently you think president Obama’s deal with Iran was a bad one, and as the New York Times reports, “Questioned whether it was wise to lift sanctions against… Read More

golden ferrari

New Wealth Inequality Statistics Prove Conservative Economics Do Not Work

After 5 years of conservative rule, wealth inequality is getting out of control in the UK. Surely it is time to abandon conservative economics once and for all?

Dunce

Florida Man Does Something Unbelievably Stupid With a Deadly Snake

Continuing our unofficial series cataloging the unbelievable stupidity that occurs on an hourly basis in the state of Florida, we can report on possibly the dumbest thing to have ever happened in the sunshine state.

west_v_dyson

Cornel West’s Response to Michael Eric Dyson is Pathetic

If this is West’s final response in the ugly war he started, it is a fitting one for a man who no longer takes himself seriously.