Very important people read The Daily Banter. Don’t believe us? Read it and weep suckas:
“Biting tongue-in-cheek wit”
“The Dog’s Bollocks”
- Emma Stone
“A fascinating and provocative site”
- George Monbiot, the Guardian
“Some website called ‘The Daily Banter’, whatever that is.”
Check out our contributors below:
- Alan Pyke is a writer and commentator on film, television, fiction, music, and politics, with a particular fascination for hiphop. By night, he reviews movies and concerts for BrightestYoungThings, writes about film for TinyMixTapes, and occasionally posts at his own site. By day, he is a researcher on economics at Media Matters, but opinions here are not representative of his employer.
- Alyson Chadwick is a political/news junkie and New Yorker transplanted to Washington, DC. Her career has included work on five presidential cycles, both sides of Capitol Hill, the 2012 Democratic Convention, Clinton White House, United Nations and multiple local and statewide campaigns. She is also a sad Met fan, which could be the most redundant sentence ever.
- Ben Cohen is the editor of The Daily Banter and founder of Banter Media Group. Ben writes a regular column for the Huffington Post and is a regular guest on the RT Network. Ben covered boxing and Mixed Martial Arts for TrueSlant.com, Secondsouts.com, Black Belt Magazine, Boxing Monthly Magazine and ESPN.com. Originally from London, England he currently lives in Washington DC.
- Chez Pazienza is the CEO of DXM Media, an award-winning television news producer, editor of the notorious blog Deus Ex Malcontent and the author of Dead Star Twilight. Chez produced and managed daily content for WSVN and WTVJ in Miami, KCBS, KNBC and KCAL in Los Angeles, and MSNBC and CNN in New York. He has two L.A.-area Emmys to his name as well as a Golden Mic. He's been featured in and interviewed by The New York Times, The New York Observer, New York Magazine Online, U.S. News and World Report, The Village Voice, The American Journalism Review, NPR, the IFC Media Project, and Radar and Wired Online. In addition, he's been a regular contributor to Sirius XM's POTUS and Indie Talk channels and is the co-host of "The Bob & Chez Show" podcast with Bob Cesca.
- Jessica Furst is a journalist from London. She has worked for the BBC, The Times, The Daily Telegraph, The Independent, The Daily Mail and The Daily Express. Jessica is equally interested in British and American politics as well as the world of celebrity (she even has a Masters in American History). She also has an unhealthy love of cricket and has been blogging about the game since 2008.
- Kojo is a human rights lawyer and writer living in London. He has represented refugees, the homeless and Louisiana death row inmates. Filled with excessive anger on account of being short, black and from the north of England, Kojo directs this anger into hate-filled polemics against the Tories, The Royal Family and The Black Eyed Peas. This led to him developing a freelance writing career alongside his human rights work, including founding his own politics and culture magazine 'The Job Centre.' He still dreams of becoming WWF Intercontinental Champion one day.
- Mark Ames is a contributing editor at The Daily Banter, founding editor of the eXile and a Senior Editor at the NSFW Corp. He is also the author of Going Postal: Rage, Murder and Rebellion: From Reagan’s Workplaces to Clinton’s Columbine.
- Oliver Willis has been a blogger since 2000 and has one of the most visited sites in the liberal blogosphere. A widely followed Huffington Post contributor and employee for Media Matters, Oliver is one of the major voices on the progressive Left. As the Boston Globe notes, ‘When Oliver Willis talks, the blogosphere cares.’