Caitlyn Jenner Refuses To Golf With Trump, Is Still An Asshole

Caitlyn Jenner didn't play golf with Trump. What does she want? A fucking medal? (Don't answer that.)
Caitlyn Jenner didn't play golf with Trump. What does she want? A fucking medal? (Don't answer that.)
Caitlyn Jenner

For a brief moment, Caitlyn Jenner's coming out gave transgender Americans a long overdue push into the public consciousness where they've remarkably stayed to this day. And setting aside how the Kardashian media machine represents everything that's wrong with America - and almost definitely laid the groundwork for a reality TV star to become president - Caitlyn deserves credit for wielding that machine to bring transgender issues to the forefront even if her motives were 100% self-serving. Because Caitlyn Jenner also deserves credit for another accomplishment.

Being a huge asshole.

You see, during her coming out interview with Diane Sawyer, Caitlyn also revealed that she's a Republican even though large swaths of the GOP don't even think being transgender is a real thing, and if they could, they'd pass legislation allowing them to burn her at the stake. Granted, Caitlyn talked a big game about wanting to bring the party around to transgender rights, but it soon became clear that was all a smokescreen for what Caitlyn Jenner really cares about: Paying less taxes on Caitlyn Jenner's money.

During the 2016 election, Republicans had armed morons ready to patrol the restrooms in Target after finally realizing that transgender men and women have been peeing amongst them this whole time. The party couldn't have made it anymore clear where they stood on transgender rights, so naturally Caitlyn Jenner backed warm bowl of tapioca Ted Cruz, the most nutjob evangelical candidate of them all. And if Caitlyn learned anything from the Kardashians, it's how to be transparently dead inside, so she offered to be Cruz's trans ambassador while openly admitting that would never happen. And it didn't. Because unlike Caitlyn Jenner, Ted Cruz stuck to his bigoted, horseshit principles and refused to acknowledge that she even exists.

After that fiasco, Caitlyn admitted that she's going to vote for "whoever is the Republican candidate" on the same exact day that the GOP in North Carolina passed the controversial HB2 legislation that specifically discriminated against the transgender community and barred them from using public restrooms associated with their gender. Once again, Republicans couldn't have been more clear that their position on the transgender community is letting Christian maniacs shoot them dead for using the wrong toilet, and yet there's Caitlyn Jenner still going, "Oh, they're not so bad," because Caitlyn Jenner only gives a fuck about Caitlyn Jenner.

Which brings us to today, where Caitlyn Jenner is taking a brave stance against Donald Trump, who she endorsed during the election, by telling Diane Sawyer that she won't play golf with the president, but will presumably take those tax cuts. Whenever they're ready. And if you're wondering why all of this happening now, Caitlyn Jenner has a new book coming out. That's entirely what this is about. Don't for once think it's about Title IX. From US Weekly:

Sawyer asked the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star if she has spoken to Trump secretly or privately about trans issues.

"When I was at the inauguration I did say hi at a cocktail party, and he wanted me to play golf with him," she revealed. "At the time I thought it was a pretty good idea but since Title IX, it's not a good idea and so I won't be playing golf with him."

Now, the snarky remark would be, "Wow, that's really going to teach Trump a lesson." Except, here's the thing, this is exactly the kind of shit that will make him mad. Are you kidding me? I'm amazed he hasn't tweeted about it already and/or told Jim Acosta that he sent a SEAL Team to Caitlyn's house. It'll turn out they're actually in Australia, but you get the point.