Members Only: Preparing Myself For A Visit From My Trump-Voting Inlaws

"I knew they were going to vote for Trump and I made it abundantly clear that they should keep that information to themselves. I would have happily pretended they voted for Gary Johnson for the sake of family unity. But for some unknown reason, Debbie's mother felt the need to make sure we knew they voted for Trump. And that changed everything."
Avatar:
Justin Rosario
"I knew they were going to vote for Trump and I made it abundantly clear that they should keep that information to themselves. I would have happily pretended they voted for Gary Johnson for the sake of family unity. But for some unknown reason, Debbie's mother felt the need to make sure we knew they voted for Trump. And that changed everything."

My wife Debra's mother and stepfather are coming down from New York this weekend to visit. They used to come down in February but we had to insist they start coming in March. The problem was they would come for Anastasia's birthday to take her out for her "special day" but then they wouldn't come back until June to take Jordan out for his....

To continue reading this article, please go here. A Banter Membership gets you access to the magazine and all our Members Only content. Your membership also directly funds independent journalism and is greatly appreciated!.