MEMBERS ONLY: My Two Hour Conversation With a Black, Immigrant, Female Trump Supporter

"Elise troubled me the most that night. I couldn't understand how a black, female immigrant could support someone like Trump -- a man who rose to power on a platform vilifying, stereotyping and disrespecting people like her."
"Elise troubled me the most that night. I couldn't understand how a black, female immigrant could support someone like Trump -- a man who rose to power on a platform vilifying, stereotyping and disrespecting people like her."

Last weekend I arrived at a house warming party of a good friend of mine in Los Angeles. I was in California for my friend and co-worker Chez Pazienza's memorial service, and used the rest of my time to catch up with old friends I knew when I lived there 6 years ago....

To continue reading this article, please go here. A Banter Membership gets you access to the magazine and all our Members Only content. Your membership also directly funds independent journalism and is greatly appreciated!