We Should Be Extremely Worried About The Spike In Anti-Semitic Violence

History is very clear about how fast this will escalate into actual violence.
Avatar:
Justin Rosario
History is very clear about how fast this will escalate into actual violence.
neonazisprotestoutsideskokieholocaust1m4lkpisbfvl

A few weeks ago, I wrote about what it means to be a Jew in Trump's America and I made the following point:

If there's one thing I learned from my casual acquaintance with Jewish history, it's this: Sooner or later, they always come for us.

So imagine my utter lack of surprise at the sudden wave of anti-Semitic crime.

Over 150 Jewish tombstones were knocked over or defaced just a little over a week ago. We are now over 100 bomb threats called into Jewish community centers and school in just the last 6 weeks. Someone shot a bullet into a Jewish Sunday school over the weekend. Trump has been president for less than two months.

We are witnessing the opening stages of organized anti-Semitism in the United States. For decades, it was relegated to the fever swamps of the far right, out of sight, out of mind. The KKK and neo-Nazis and Ron Paul Libertarians were still virulent haters of Jews but they mostly kept it among themselves. Now it's a new day in America and the monsters are crawling out of the shadows again.

When Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller had Trump remove any mention of Jews and anti-Semitism on Holocaust Remembrance Day, they were signalling the white nationalist "alt-right" that their time had come. A few days after that, word went out that the government would stop keeping an eye on white nationalist extremists. A few weeks later, Trump said, out loud, that maybe the attacks were committed by Jews to make other people look bad, a well-worn anti-Semitic trope.

The message was delivered: No longer would the extremist fringe be considered the detritus of society with their hate-filled philosophy; they had friends at the highest levels of power in the United States. White nationalism and its perennial handmaiden, anti-Semitism, were free to blossom once again. Yes, Trump makes wet mouth noises that sound like condemnations of anti-Semitism and his lackeys tout his daughter and her Jewish husband as proof he loves "The Jews," but for some reason white nationalists are receiving the message loud and clear anyway: Go crazy, guys.

If it seems strange to you that in the midst of Trump screaming about dangerous immigrants and Muslim terrorists, anti-Semitism is taking root with terrifying speed, you don't understand the mind of a Jew-hating white nationalist. There's a special place in the black void that passes for their heart for us. While brown and yellow skinned people are offensive to them, the true threat is and always has been the Jews. We provide the money for black people to move into your white neighborhoods and rape your white women. We keep the borders open so Latinos can swarm into America and steal the jobs that belong to white people. We turn your movies and TV into pro-Jew propaganda. We control the banks and foreclose on your white homes to destroy your white communities. We're the masterminds of everything that's wrong with the world today.

And that's not even a tiny fraction of the stories these sick fucks tell themselves about Jews.

So, no, I am not even the slightest bit surprised at the escalating violence against Jewish communities. Nor will I be surprised when the assaults begin. Or when neo-Nazis march in large Jewish communities. Or when we start finding "wanted" fliers with our names, faces and addresses on them. Or when the murders and real bombings begin.

If there's one thing that history is crystal clear on, it's that white nationalism always always comes for the Jews.

- This article kills fascists