Susan Sarandon Endorses Jill Stein at Precisely The Wrong Moment in History

Fuck you, Susan Sarandon.
Fuck you, Susan Sarandon.
Susan Sarandon

Privileged idiot and 'Bernie or Bust' fanatic Susan Sarandon has officially endorsed Green Party candidate Jill Stein and is now urging people to vote for her "even in swing states".

In a letter published on Stein's campaign website, Sarandon outlined why she can't get behind Hillary Clinton. She writes:

Dear Jill and team,

I’ve been waiting for any indication that Hillary Clinton’s position on the issues that are most urgent to me, has changed. But ...

  • She does not support the $15 minimum wage.
  • She shows no support for legalizing marijuana.
  • She supports TPP.
  • She has sold fracking and Monsanto.
  • She supports offshore drilling.
  • She has no position on the Dakota Access Pipeline.
  • She opposes the labeling of GMOs.
  • She opposes the breakup of big banks.
  • She takes lobbyists’ money for campaigning.
  • She opposes a binding climate treaty.
  • She supports unconditional military aid to Israel.

I’m therefore very happy to endorse Jill Stein for the presidency because she does stand for everything I believe in.

It’s clear a third party is necessary and viable at this time. And this is the first step in accomplishing this end.

Fear of Donald Trump is not enough for me to support Clinton, with her record of corruption.

Now that Trump is self-destructing, I feel even those in swing states have the opportunity to vote their conscience. Susan Sarandon

Sarandon's painfully childish and petulant letter is so comically stupid that it is amazing that she feels comfortable publishing it. Firstly, Trump's self destruction doesn't mean he can't win. If we've learned anything over the past year, it's that Trump is almost impossible to kill. Secondly, Sarandon's little list of demands indicate she has literally no idea how politics works in the country she was born in.

As a liberal, I actually tend to agree with her policy wise. I'm all up for raising the minimum wage, believe very strongly that marijuana should be legal, and think it is quite literally a matter of life or death when it comes to legally binding international environmental agreements. The thing is, I am aware of objective reality, and in that reality, the Republican Party controls both houses in Congress and have a candidate dangerously close to the presidency. Any mention of legalizing fucking cannabis, cutting aid to Israel or any of the other polarizing issues would absolutely annihilate any chance of any of them ever happening. Hillary Clinton likely agrees with Sarandon on many of these issues, but understands that to make progress on any of them, they have to be made Republican proof -- and that means not fucking talking about them while running against an insane fascist who wants to legalize torture and nuke anyone who irritates him on twitter.

As Chez Pazienza wrote earlier this year, it is as if Sarandon was "engineered in a lab somewhere to be the perfect model of Hollywood liberal hypocrisy." The truth is, it won't make a blind bit of difference to her life if Donald Trump gets elected. She can swan off to Cannes or Tuscany to escape the political mayhem and economic catastrophe that will ensue should Donald Trump get in. Hell, she'll probably be just fine in her multi million dollar penthouse apartment in Manhattan and ride it all out until a Democrat gets in and clears up the almighty mess in four years time.

Susan Sarandon's endorsement of Jill Stein has come at precisely the wrong moment in the election. Just when we need all hands on deck to ensure Trump doesn't snatch this unimaginably horrific contest away from Hillary Clinton, in swoops Sarandon to make life all the more worse for those desperately trying to save the country from assured disaster.

Fuck you, Susan Sarandon.