MEMBERS ONLY: What Happens When Electoral Violence Comes To America

If anti-minority demonstrations do indeed happen on November 8, given the seditious fervor Trump’s fanatics are being whipped into and the armament they’ll be carrying, it’s not incomprehensible that something serious could transpire. In other words, we need to prepare to witness, and process, the specter of American election violence.
If anti-minority demonstrations do indeed happen on November 8, given the seditious fervor Trump’s fanatics are being whipped into and the armament they’ll be carrying, it’s not incomprehensible that something serious could transpire. In other words, we need to prepare to witness, and process, the specter of American election violence.

Donald Trump’s bid for the White House has taken a turn for the hideous.

For much of this campaign, I didn’t fear Trump. I was pacified by his buffoonery and entertained by the spectacle of it all. Sure, he was woefully unfit to be president, but he wasn’t going to be. Actually, I thought he was doing the United States a sort of favor. Not only by exposing every deplorable characteristic of the anti-governance, anti-American right, but by proving that this country’s democracy was still something of an open contest, subject to the whim of its masses.

That was before Trump decided to end his campaign in the most savage fashion imaginable...

To continue reading this article, please go here. A Banter Membership gets you weekly access to the digital magazine and all our Members Only Articles. Supporting independent media is now more important than ever, so please consider joining and helping us remain that way!