Donald Trump's 'Apology' is Hilariously Bad and a Further Insult to Women

No Donald, your comments aren't "a distraction."
No Donald, your comments aren't "a distraction."
Trump.png

In a video released on Facebook and Twitter, Donald Trump apologized for his repulsive comments about women in a leaked audio tape released earlier today.

Trump's performance was, to put it mildly, terrible. Heavily made up with a truly ridiculous amount of orange tanning lotion, he delivered a wooden, scripted monologue that was completely devoid of emotion and basically designed to shift the blame onto the Clintons.

"I never said that I'm a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I'm not," he said.

"Anyone who knows me knows these words don't reflect who I am. I said it, I was wrong and I apologize."

Trump then ludicrously called the video a "distraction" that was shifting attention away from real issues. He also told viewers that he promised to be a "better man" in the future (ie. not a sexual predator).

In true Trump fashion, he then began talking about Bill Clinton's alleged sexual indiscretions and promised to talk about them in the coming days.

"There is a big difference between the words and actions of other people," said Trump. "Bill Clinton has actually abused women and Hillary has bullied, attacked, shamed and intimidated his victims."

It is important to be clear here, there have been sexual assault allegations made against Bill Clinton, as there have been against Donald Trump. Given neither man has been convicted of any form of sexual assault in a court of law, it would be unfair to pronounce either man guilty (this doesn't necessarily mean they are both innocent either). But we do have actual audio evidence of Donald Trump discussing "grabbing" women "by the pussy" and stating that given his power, he could "do anything" to them.

There is a very, very big difference here, and if Trump decides to follow this line of attack against the Clintons, it isn't going to end well for him.

Tactics aside, the worst part of Trump's so called apology was that he didn't spend the entire time, you know, apologizing. Even if Bill Clinton is guilty of sexually assaulting women, and there are other topics we should be talking about, neither has anything to do with Trump's own revolting behavior. The fact that Trump cannot own up to his mistakes like an adult is yet further proof that he is not fit to be running for office.

But then none of this really matters anymore -- his campaign is toast anyway.