Donald Trump Demands Hillary Be Tested For Drugs Before The Next Debate Because He's Finally Gone Insane

Trump has completely lost touch with reality.
Avatar:
Justin Rosario
Trump has completely lost touch with reality.
867254d2-8ea5-11e6-af59-7ad1937f51f2_1280x720.jpg

Two weeks ago, John Oliver joked about how American politics had reached a new low in the form of Donald Trump's candidacy. A week later, he lamented that the previous low was now barely in sight from our new vantage point somewhere deep in the earth's crust.

After Saturday morning, we might be well on our way to the earth's core, wondering how much worse it will get over the next three weeks.

At a rally in New Hampshire, Trump made the unprecedented accusation that Hillary Clinton was using drugs:

“Athletes, they make them take a drug test, right. I think we should take a drug test prior to the debate,” Trump said.

“Why don’t we do that? We should take a drug test, prior, because I don’t know what’s going on with her, but at the beginning of her last debate, she was all pumped up at the beginning, and at the end it was like, ‘Oh, take me down,'” Trump shouted.

This is where we are as a country now. This is what Republicans have done to our political discourse. We have the candidate for one of the major political parties demanding his opponent take a drug test.

In a rational world, the Republican Party would cease to exist after this election. We would put it out of its misery because it had become too unstable and dangerous to continue. But we won't. We're going to pretend that Trump was some kind of bizarre outlier and not the predictable and inevitable end result of the GOP's war on common decency.

Goddamn them for what they've done to our country in their unconscionable pursuit of short term power. I hope Mitch McConnell, John McCain and the rest of the Republican establishment live long enough to see everything they sold their souls for burn to the ground. I hope younger Republicans like Paul Ryan live long enough to see history render its judgement on them even as it passes them by.

They deserve worse but I'll settle for them living the rest of their lives in despair over allowing Donald Trump to turn the most powerful nation in the world into a bad punchline to an even worse joke.