Democrats Rise Above Partisan Politics and Raise Thousands Of Dollars To Rebuild Firebombed GOP Office

This is a perfect example of what liberals stand for.
Avatar:
Shannon Argueta
This is a perfect example of what liberals stand for.
Screenshot via CNN video

Screenshot via CNN video

On Saturday evening vandals threw a Molotov cocktail through the window of the Hillsborough, North Carolina GOP, destroying the office. On a building adjacent to the Republican office the words "Nazi Republicans leave town or else” and a swastika were spray-painted on a wall. On Sunday night, liberals joined together and raised thousands of dollars to help their N.C. rivals rebuild.

A GoFundMe account was set-up by David Weinberger, a research fellow at the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School, Arizona State University professor Dan Gillmor and a few others. The group wrote the following message to Democrats:

“As Democrats, we are starting this campaign to enable the Orange County, North Carolina Republican office to re-open as soon as possible. Until an investigation is undertaken, we cannot know who did this or why. No matter the result, this is not how Americans resolve their differences. We talk, we argue, sometimes we march, and most of all we vote. We do not resort to violence by individuals or by mobs. So, let’s all pitch in, no matter what your party affiliation, in and get that office open again quickly.”

As of this writing the fundraiser has surpassed its original goal of $10,000 and raised $13,107. Unfortunately, not everyone was so quick to help out the Republicans who lost their office in the abhorrent act of cowardness. Instead of helping his party raise money, GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump took the time to fling unfounded accusations at Hillary Clinton on Twitter claiming the she and the Democratic Party are to blame for the vandalism. There is absolutely no proof that Democrats firebombed the office, but, of course, facts have never stopped Trump from running his mouth.

The way that the left came together to help Republicans is truly inspirational, and their actions are a perfect representation of what it means to be an American. Donald Trump and his supporters should take note.