Trump Doubles Down on Being a Sexist A**hole on Fox and Friends

Instead of doing what any rational person running for political office would do and apologize to Ms Machado, Trump decided to double down on being a misogynistic neanderthal literally hours after the debate.
Instead of doing what any rational person running for political office would do and apologize to Ms Machado, Trump decided to double down on being a misogynistic neanderthal literally hours after the debate.
Alicia Machado: Definitely not voting for Donald Trump.

Alicia Machado: Definitely not voting for Donald Trump.

Donald Trump's grotesque sexism is perhaps most disqualifying aspect of his presidential candidacy, and Hillary Clinton made him pay for it last night in no uncertain terms.

Specifically, Clinton took Donald Trump to task for humiliating one of his former Miss Universe contestants, Alicia Machado, a Venezuelan who won the Miss Universe contest in 1996.

"One of the worst things he said was about a woman in a beauty contest," said Clinton.

"He called this woman Miss Piggy. Then he called her Miss Housekeeping because she was Latina."

“Donald, she has a name," she went on. "Her name is Felicia Machado. And she has become a U.S. citizen, and you can bet she’s going to vote this November.”

It was a terrible moment for Trump who struggled to regain composure and failed to give a meaningful response to the withering attack.

Given we live in the internet age, one would have thought his campaign team would be in crisis mode today and have him go out and apologize for any offense he caused to Ms Machado or women in general. However, this is Donald Trump we are talking about and instead of doing what any rational person running for political office would do, Trump decided to double down on being a misogynistic neanderthal. This morning -- literally hours after the debate -- Trump called into his little pals at Fox and Friends to call Machado fat again. Yes, seriously.

"I know that person," said Trump. "And she was the worst we ever had, the worst, the absolute worst, she was impossible. She gained a massive amount of weight, and it was a real problem. We had a real problem. Not only that, her attitude."

Again, this is a man running to become president of the United States.

More about Alicia Machado's story here: