Fired Up Obama BLASTS Media Over Unfair Hillary Clinton Coverage

Obama was on top form, calling out the media for their insane Hillary Clinton coverage.
Obama was on top form, calling out the media for their insane Hillary Clinton coverage.
Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 8.00.08 PM.png

Speaking to a crowd in Philadelphia, President Obama took the media to task for its ludicrous coverage of so-called Hillary Clinton scandals in the most withering fashion.

"I sure do get frustrated with the way this campaign is covered," said Obama. "I’m just telling the truth. Guys in the back [reporters], I’m just telling you the truth about how I feel about this. Do you mind if I just vent for a second?"

Obama then launched into a blistering attack on the false equivalence meme propagated by journalists covering the election. He said:

You don’t grade the presidency on a curve. This is serious business. And when we see folks talking about transparency … you want to debate transparency? You’ve got one candidate in this race who’s released decade’s worth of her tax returns. The other candidate refuses to release any at all. You want to debate foundations and charities? One candidate’s family foundation has saved countless lives around the world. The other candidate’s foundation took money other people gave to his charity and then bought a six-foot tall painting of himself.

Not finished schooling them, Obama shifted gear and went to the root of the problem -- the media's insistence on turning this into a fan friendly sporting spectacle (bold emphasis ours):

We've become so partisan that our standards for what is normal have changed. And Donald Trump says stuff every day that used to be considered as disqualifying for being president. And yet, because he says it over and over and over again, the press just gives up. And they say, "well yeah, you know, ok"...

We cannot afford to suddenly treat this like a reality show. We can’t afford to act as if there’s some equivalence here. To be president, you have to do your homework and know what you’re talking about and you’ve got to apply steady judgment even when things don’t go your way. You have to be able to handle criticism without taking it personally. Just brush it off, done. And that’s something I learned, and that’s what Hillary learned as a Senator and Secretary of State and as a First Lady. Yes, she’s got her share of critics like I do, and she’s been caricatured by the right and the left. She’s been accused of everything you can imagine and has been subjected to more scrutiny and what I believe is more unfair criticism than anybody out here. And she doesn’t complain about it. And you know what, that’s what happens when you’re under the microscope for 40 years. But what sets Hillary apart is that through it all, she just keeps going. And she doesn’t stop caring and she doesn’t stop trying. And she never stops fighting for us.

It really is a sad state of affairs when we have elected politicians telling the media how to do their job properly. It should of course, be the other way around. But then 90% of the media in America is owned by 6 giant corporations who are looking to make money above all else -- even if that means inadvertently electing a fascist as president.

Watch Obama's full speech below -- it's a good one: