Quote of the Day: Batsh*t Lunatic Michele Bachmann Warns of an Electoral Apocalypse

The sky is falling, the sky is falling.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

“I don’t want to be melodramatic but I do want to be truthful. I believe without a shadow of a doubt this is the last election. This is it. This is the last election... It’s a math problem of demographics and a changing United States. If you look at the numbers of people who vote and who lives in the country and who Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton want to bring in to the country, this is the last election when we even have a chance to vote for somebody who will stand up for godly moral principles. This is it." -- Michele Bachmann

As soon the puckered, rust-colored asshole at the center of Donald Trump's ungodly orange face opened up and began spewing forth nonsense about how America was basically facing extinction, you knew his surrogate minions would follow suit. First there was Inside Out "Anger" understudy Rudy Giuliani shrieking at the RNC audience that there would be no elections after this one, should Donald Trump not win, now of course comes former congresswoman and noted crazy person Michele Bachmann who is foreseeing the same electoral apocalypse.

Maybe it's a waste to pick on Michele Bachmann given that she's essentially legally and medically brain dead, as well as a political and cultural afterthought at this point. She's long since ceased being a factor in anyone's political calculus and the above quote was given to the Christian Broadcasting Network, an outlet that's representative of a demographic that, in a near-comical bit of irony, has been crushed underfoot by the candidacy of Donald Trump -- a guy whose only experience with someone named Jesus involves an offensively condescending offhand remark to his gardner at Mar-a-Lago.

But the very fact that Bachmann is screaming about political armageddon is, if not noteworthy, then at the very least endlessly entertaining. It proves two things: one, that Trump really is the great white hope for the conservative fringe, a movement that until recently had only been championed by national punchlines like Bachmann, and two, that this movement really does see the 2016 election as a last stand for its way of life. They've lived through two terms of Barack Obama, a new era of LGBT rights, and the rise of Hispanic political authority in the United States. They see their preeminence waning and it makes them furious. That's what "Make America Great Again" is all about -- to them, this country's "greatness" stemmed directly from white Christian dominance.

And that's slipping away. And it's making them even crazier than they already were.