Jake Tapper Completely Shuts Down the Stupidest Trump Talking Point Ever

Slow clap for Jake.
Slow clap for Jake.

What makes this move by Jake Tapper so great isn't that this talking point is so stupid, even though it is, or that his crushing of it was so masterful, because it was. It's that Trump flack Sarah Huckabee Sanders shopped this same bit of idiocy all day on Friday, and Jake was the ONLY ONE who pointed out that she was denouncing Hillary Clinton for calling racists deplorable:

 I think she clarified she was referring to the people who followed Donald Trump who are members of the Ku Klux Klan, and those who are proud to be racist.

All day, I've watched Sanders use this dumb deflection, and all day, interviewers have just let it fly by. Trump flacks are permitted to do this, and a lot worse, 25 hours a day, so it's important to recognize when someone gets it right.

On a personal note, this is probably my last official piece of content for this site, at least while I'm at my new job. Please follow me to Twitter, and watch for me in the comments here. Continue to support this site and the great writers here, whom I love and will always respect.