Can the Media Please Cut the 'Donald Trump's Trip to Mexico Was Presidential' Crap?

This is how we wake up in November with an insane president-elect.
This is how we wake up in November with an insane president-elect.

Especially after her superb evisceration of Sean Spicer, this was very disappointing from Stephanie Ruhle, and from my old White House colleague Kristen Welker:

I hate to pick on these two, whom I both really like, but this is exactly the kind of shit that every "objective" news source is saying about Trump's visit, that it "looks good" for him.

Guys, YOU CONTROL HOW IT LOOKS! You are the ones who are supposed to point out stuff like the fact that everything Trump said at that press conference is the opposite of everything else he's ever said!

I predicted a long time ago that the media could easily hand this election to Trump by playing dumb about him and leaning hard against Hillary. This has to stop.