Watch NBC Anchor Credit Olympic Swimmer's Husband For HER World Record Gold Medal Performance

"The guy responsible..."
"The guy responsible..."

In case you missed it, or only heard about it, here's NBC’s Dan Hicks assigning the appropriate praise just seconds after Katinka Hosszu set a new world record in the 400 meter individual medley:

I get that he's also her coach, but I've been watching sports for a very long time, and I've never seen any coach given that sort of credit for any athlete's accomplishments, male or female. Hicks wishes he'd said it differently so people's panties wouldn't be in a twist, but he's not sorry