MEMBERS ONLY: 26 Seconds That Define an Election

It was awkward, angry, defiant, and completely divorced from reality. Welcome to the electoral age of Trump.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
It was awkward, angry, defiant, and completely divorced from reality. Welcome to the electoral age of Trump.

I write for a living. It's my job to conjure out of thin air or cull together words that form impressive -- or at the very least adequate -- descriptions of events and the people at the center of them. I'm paid to do this and it's therefore my responsibility to approach it with a sense of duty.

And yet, despite all of this, over and over this election season I've had to admit that I can't come up with a way to even begin to describe the unbridled lunacy, the damn near-hallucinatory surreality of what we're witnessing....To continue reading this article, please go here.

A Banter Membership gets you weekly access to the digital magazine and all our Members Only Articles. Supporting independent media is now more important than ever, so please consider joining and helping us remain completely independent!