This is Not a Joke: Trump's VP Mike Pence Thinks 'Name Calling' Has No Place in Public Life

This is like Batman's sidekick Robin criticizing The Joker for wearing a silly costume.
This is like Batman's sidekick Robin criticizing The Joker for wearing a silly costume.

It has to be a joke. The entire Trump campaign, that is. Given the level of derp on display among the Trump Republicans, how can it not be? In fact, the sheer volume of horrendousness is making it increasingly challenging to compile all of the atrocious dumbness erupting from the Clown Dictator and his cult of sycophants.

The day after President Obama delivered what's perhaps the greatest, most epic political speech since Abraham Lincoln, Team Trump almost completely lost what was left of its shpadoinkle.

First up, there's Donald Trump Junior's online meltdown in which he claimed that the president plagiarized Junior's RNC remarks, as if Obama is sitting in the Oval Office cribbing lines from a greasy-haired boy sociopath. Obama -- the most accomplished and erudite presidential orator, and maybe the best writer-president, also since Lincoln.

As if that wasn't ridiculous enough, Patrick Bateman Trump tweeted a news story about actors being hired as seat-fillers at the DNC. The story was picked up and reported by Alex Jones' InfoWars website and, yep, it turned out to be fake.

But there it is. Junior decided to leave the tweet up, highlighting how the Trumps don't give a flying crapola about the truth.

They don't see to care about consistency, either. Obama's address has them so kerfuffled, vice presidential nominee Mike Pence seemed to have forgotten about the Clown Dictator at the top of his ticket. While appearing on Hugh Hewitt's radio show, the Indiana governor blasted Obama's use of the phrase "homegrown demagogues" to describe Trump, saying:

"You know, I don’t think name calling has any place in public life, and I thought that was unfortunate that the President of the United States would use a term like that, let alone laced into a sentence like that," he said. "But I just don’t see it. I see, I think what I have found in Donald Trump is this is a man of enormous accomplishment, obviously someone who has achieved great things in his life."

Name calling has no place in public life? This is like Batman's sidekick Robin criticizing The Joker for wearing a silly costume. Let's review. There's:

Crooked Hillary
Little Marco
Little Mike Bloomberg
Crazy Elizabeth
Pocahontas
Lying' Ted
Low Energy Jeb
Kooky Bernie

And those are just Trump's political rivals. He's also referred to dozens of others as "stupid," "weak," "losers," and "pathetic." In fact, the DNC released the following video to underscore Trump's total lack of discipline or decorum.

Well, since name calling has no place in public life, I guess that eliminates Trump, according to his own running-mate.

The serious question has to be: Are they coordinating their message? Is there any sort of campaign cohesion whatsoever? Mind you, I hope there's not. But it should speak to the style of the would-be Trump White House. If he can't properly manage the messaging of his campaign, how the hell can he organize the Executive Branch of the federal government?

Unless this is all a joke. And the more it continues, the more it seems that way. The problem is that enough naive, ignorant, deranged voters believe it's both for-real and worthy of winning in November. And that's truly horrifying.