The Meaning of Life Podcast #14: Fake it Till You Make it

Taking a leap and bringing newness into the world requires a bit of healthy self-delusion to embark on something new and different than what has come before. Ben and Vazken talk about the merits and trappings of 'faking it till you make it.'
Taking a leap and bringing newness into the world requires a bit of healthy self-delusion to embark on something new and different than what has come before. Ben and Vazken talk about the merits and trappings of 'faking it till you make it.'

When we choose to take our lives in a new and different course, we often hear "fake it till you make it" offered as helpful advice.

Taking a leap and bringing newness into the world requires a bit of healthy self-delusion to embark on something new and different than what has come before. Ben and Vazken talk about the merits and trappings of 'faking it till you make it.'

Here are some questions:

-Is this useful or harmful advice?

-What are the benefits and trappings of experience, established rules, and mimicry?

-How do you know when you've arrived?

-Are we all just frauds?

-Follow the recipe or improvise?

Listen below!: