MEMBERS ONLY: An 'Obamabot' Vindicated

I remember repeating to myself early on, and it happened again Thursday night: "Thank fuck he's a Democrat."
I remember repeating to myself early on, and it happened again Thursday night: "Thank fuck he's a Democrat."

You caught me at an odd time in my political writing career. Early in 2007, I resigned myself to believing that Hillary Clinton would easily march to the nomination the following year since no one really had the machine nor the charisma to upend her campaign, save for one guy and it was unclear whether he'd actually run. It was even less clear whether he'd win. While Barack Obama dazzled the left during his 2004 DNC keynote speech, known popularly as "The Audacity of Hope," it was unclear whether an African-American man with the middle name "Hussein" would be viable, even within the allegedly open-minded Democratic Party....To continue reading this article please go here

A Banter Membership gets you weekly access to the digital magazine and all our Members Only Articles. Supporting independent media is now more important than ever, so please consider becoming a member and helping stay independent.