Susan Sarandon is as Racist and Misogynist as She is Insane

Seriously, it's time for an intervention.
Seriously, it's time for an intervention.

I know we've already hit the Susan Sarandon beat hard today, but this is fucked up in ways that there really isn't enough space to cover in two posts. Chez Pazienza did a bang-up job highlighting the utter insanity of her latest expulsion, but I'm here to go over the really disgusting shit. The foreign policy and immigration stuff doesn't bother me as much because it is so clearly insane, and like I said, Chez has that pretty well nailed. It's the disgusting misogyny and racism that really got me.

You can watch the full segment here, but I want to focus on two specific points:

  I don’t know if she is overcompensating or what her trip is...

 Get it? Hillary's overcompensating because she wishes she had a dick! Why didn't I think of that? Oh, right, because I'm not a horrible misogynist.

...Has he made it the norm to be racist and to vent these un-American things? Yes. But seriously, I don’t know what his policy is. I do know what her policies are.

Get this straight, pissed-off white Berners in the comments: if you say out loud with your mouth that you are okay with the normalization of racism, then you are racist as fuck. You don't have to "know what his policy is" if you acknowledge that Donald Trump is mainstreaming racism because you know they will be racist, but if you're a rich white lady with a purse dog, you don't have to care.

Her attitude is reinforced by her comments about the wall with Mexico, but here, she is explicitly rubber-stamping racism because Monsanto.

I really wish to hell I'd gotten to interview Cenk after this bit came out, because I asked him about the Bernie surrogates, and he had some interesting observations on the topic that I'll be sharing this weekend.

But what really takes this to eleven is that in the remainder of the TYT segment that this interview aired during, Cenk and the crew sit there calmly "disagreeing" with Sarandon instead of screaming at the top of their lungs that she's an unhinged bigot. This is like "disagreeing" with someone who does a naked belly-flop all over Thanksgiving dinner, then eats her own poop.

As you'll see from the rest of my Cenk interview, he really is a sane and reasonable guy who's making an honest effort to promote a consistent point of view, but some of these other people are getting fucking scary. Their reporter Jordan Chariton sat there and didn't blink when she said any of that crazy shit, including that she's fine with racism.

To their credit, Cenk and his panel did call Sarandon out over the wall shit, but none of them mentioned the racism bit. But that's one of the few things Trump can enact without any help from anyone, and the only one he's begun enacting before he's even elected. It might not matter to Susan Sarandon, but it matters.