MEMBERS ONLY: If You Went to Trump University You Deserved to Get Ripped Off

The world does not need more real estate investors, more loan officers or more people dedicated to spending their lives getting filthy rich.
The world does not need more real estate investors, more loan officers or more people dedicated to spending their lives getting filthy rich.

There was a time in my life when I seriously considered getting into the real estate game. House flipping shows were all the rage, and as someone determined to work for myself, I thought buying fixer up properties and selling them would be a rewarding way to make a living. The prospect of making money without someone telling you what to do, then being able to take off months in between projects was extremely enticing, and I spent a considerable amount of time researching how to do it.

I never did get into the property game in a serious way (other than buying my own apartment) for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I wasn't really interested in property itself (picking out show sofas wasn't exactly my idea of a good time), and secondly, I began to feel that I would be contributing to an insane industry that had helped obliterate the economy through predatory lending practices. Real estate is a game rigged to favor the wealthy and the banks, and the lure of easy money is not only false but part of the symptom of a materialist culture gone mad.

Which brings us to Trump University, and the ongoing scandal tying up the presumed Republican nominee for president.

Please go here to continue reading this article. Purchasing a Banter Membership gets you weekly access to the digital magazine and all our Members Only Articles. Your financial contribution keeps us completely independent and your support is greatly appreciated!