Cenk Uygur Answers His Critics At The Daily Banter

It's fine, guys, we're all just pro-establishment head-bowers.
It's fine, guys, we're all just pro-establishment head-bowers.

To wind down my lengthy and exclusive interview with The Young Turks' Cenk Uygur, I thought I'd give him a chance to respond to some of the fairly harsh criticism he takes around these parts, both from the writers and in the comments. Since he's not here when those critiques happen, I'm going to present his remarks without comment.

What I will say, though, is that we have something very important in common with The Young Turks that might not be immediately obvious to you, but which became even clearer to me as I produced this interview. The one thing I value about this site, and insist on from every place I've ever written, is an openness to differing points of view. TYT is the same way, believe it or not, even if those differing points of view don't always reach us for whatever reason. They have a strong point of view, but they're not in a bubble, and neither are we.

And here's the full video of our interview, although for the first ten minutes, you can't hear any of what I'm saying. Sorry about that. Many thanks to Cenk for his time and attention.