Bernie Sanders Concedes Again Without Conceding to Hillary Clinton

What is Bernie gaining by admitting he lost, but not admitting Hillary Clinton won?
What is Bernie gaining by admitting he lost, but not admitting Hillary Clinton won?

So, a week after the second speech in which Bernie Sanders acknowledged he isn't even trying to be the Democratic nominee anymore but pointedly refused to recognize the first woman to secure the nomination of a major political party in our nation's history, he went on C-Span and edged as close to the smell of the coffee as he's ever been:

People are really focused on his absurdly obvious observation that "it doesn't appear that I'm going to be the nominee," because it is so obvious and absurd, but it's the second line that piqued my interest. "So I'm not going to be determining the scope of the convention," Bernie says, even though his last two speeches demonstrate a desire to do just that.

In fact, so does the rest of his answer, which still doesn't include a recognition of Hillary's status, but does include the list of demands he's negotiating for:

As I've said before, every day that goes by without an endorsement from Sanders weakens the already-diluted utility of that endorsement, for a variety of reasons. His repeated snubs of Hillary's historic achievement will only be amplified when he eventually does recognize it, and whenever that endorsement comes, it will be so heavily disclaimed as to be useless. There's nothing he can say that will convince his most deranged fans to vote for Hillary, and nothing he can say about Hillary that will convince anyone he's really on board. His endorsement, when it eventually comes, will be a liability.

That also means he's weakening his own leverage to achieve the goals he's set for himself, and his revolution.