Vince Foster's Sister Pours Cold Water on Bullsh*t Clinton Murder Conspiracy Theory Once and For All

foster-clinton.jpg

In response to Donald Trump rehashing decades old right wing conspiracy theories about the Clintons, Vince Foster's older sister has penned a heartfelt and pointed article in the Washington Post to once again pour cold water over the already completely debunked story that her brother was murdered.

"It is beyond contempt that a politician would use a family tragedy to further his candidacy, but such is the character of Donald Trump displayed in his recent comments to The Washington Post," wrote Sheila Foster Anthony of the ludicrous theory that the Clintons had something to do with her brother's death. She continued:

In this interview, Trump cynically, crassly and recklessly insinuated that my brother, Vincent W. Foster Jr., may have been murdered because “he had intimate knowledge of what was going on” and that Hillary Clinton may have somehow played a role in Vince’s death.

How wrong. How irresponsible. How cruel.

Anthony was living with her brother at the time of his suicide, so had first hand knowledge of the real reason he took his own life. She wrote:

Five investigations, including by independent counsels Robert B. Fiske Jr. and Kenneth Starr, concluded that Vince suffered from severe depression that caused him to be unable to sleep, unable to work, unable to think straight, and finally to take his own life.

I know this to be true because Vince lived with me when he came to Washington to serve as deputy counsel to the president. This is a grueling job in any administration, especially so at the start, and in the case of the Clinton White House, the counsel’s office — and Vince — were consumed with problems, including over the firing of employees in the White House travel office....

Vince called me at my office in the Justice Department a few days before he died. He told me he was battling depression and knew he needed help. But he was worried that such an admission would adversely affect his top-level security clearance and prevent him from doing his job.

I told him I would try to find a psychiatrist who could help him and protect his privacy. After a few phone calls, I gave him three names. That list was found in his wallet with his body at Fort Marcy Park in McLean. I did not see a suicide coming, yet when I was told that Vince was dead I knew that he had killed himself. Never for a minute have I doubted that was what happened.

Sadly, Donald Trump is likely going to insist this sordid conspiracy theory continues given the propensity of his not-so-bright supporters to believe, well, anything. But Sheila Foster Anthony's article is an important one in the never ending battle to regain sanity in this election cycle, because ultimately we still have to believe that the truth will win out in the end, even if we have to endure an inhuman amount of bullshit in the process.