This Chinese Detergent Ad Could Be The Most Racist Thing Ever

In the ad, the woman washes a black man to make him lighter. Yes, seriously.
In the ad, the woman washes a black man to make him lighter. Yes, seriously.
Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 10.49.32 AM.png

This ad recently aired on Chinese TV for Qiaobi-brand laundry detergent. It is quite possibly the most racist thing I have ever seen. Just watch:

I'm not sure which aspect of this is sadder -- the mind blowing racism of producers who think joking about 'washing' a black man is funny, or the actors who agreed to play the parts.

Either way, it's an all time low for China and a reminder that while the US isn't exactly a shining example of racial equality, it's safe to say the country it at least a hundred years ahead of its main economic rival.