London's New Muslim Mayor is Exposing Just How Dumb Donald Trump is

If there is a better illustration of Trump's idiocy, we have yet to hear it.
If there is a better illustration of Trump's idiocy, we have yet to hear it.
trump sadiq khan.jpg

Every time you think Donald Trump's political positions couldn't get more idiotic, he goes and ups the ante with an idea even dumber than the last one.

In this week's installment of "What the fuck is Donald saying now," the presumptive Republican nominee has reversed his position on not allowing Muslims in to the country, but only for one person -- the newly elected Mayor of London. From the Guardian:

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, who has called for a temporary ban on Muslims entering the United States, has suggested he would make an exception for London’s newly elected Muslim mayor, the New York Times reported.

“There will always be exceptions,” the Times quoted the real estate billionaire and presumptive Republican nominee as saying when asked how his controversial proposal would apply to Sadiq Khan, the son of a Pakistani immigrant bus driver and a seamstress, who was sworn in as London’s mayor on Saturday.

Trump said he was pleased to see Khan elected, the Times reported. “I was happy to see that … I think it’s a very good thing, and I hope he does a very good job because frankly that would be very, very good.

“You lead by example, always lead by example. If he does a good job … that would be a terrific thing.”

If there is a better illustration of Trump's idiocy, we have yet to hear it. Firstly, his original position is idiotic (not to mention xenophobic and fascistic), and his reversal for "good" Muslims compounds the stupidity of it by implicitly acknowledging that all Muslims are not terrorists in waiting. You can't have a blanket ban on a particular group of people entering the country under the assumption that they are a threat to national security, then cherry pick the ones you think are not. It would be like denying women the vote, then cherry picking a few "safe" ones who wouldn't pose a threat to the male dominated hierarchy (although Donald Trump would no doubt think this a brilliant idea).

Thankfully, Sadiq Khan has called Donald on his bullshit and won't visit the United States if Trump is elected. “This isn’t just about me,” he explained in an interview with the BBC. “It’s about my friends, my family, and everyone who comes from a background similar to mine, anywhere in the world.”

Khan stated that he was supporting Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election, adding: "I hope she trounces him."