Watch Obama Make Joke About Black People Always Being Late

obama.jpg

Context is everything, of course, but it piqued my interest yesterday when Roland Martin, while slamming Hillary Clinton for making a joke that referenced the "Colored People Time" stereotype, mentioned that President Obama had made a similar joke at the Journalists of Color Unity conference in 2008, with Byron Pitts as moderator.

I took a look, but there were only a couple of joking moments, one about not getting enough sleep and the other about how Michelle and the kids don't usually greet him at the airport:

As it turns out, Roland mixed up the 2008 Journalists of Color Unity conference with the 2007 National Association of Black Journalists convention. Not cool, Roland, but thanks for almost remembering it right. Here's the joke in question, which killed: