John Kasich's Unbelievable Reaction to Prince's Death is the Most Republican Thing Ever

He literally said "I feel badly about Prince. Not really, though."
He literally said "I feel badly about Prince. Not really, though."

Prince's sudden death Thursday has hit everyone hard, and in my case, I'm going to need a lot more time and a lot more space to even think about putting any of it into words. If you recognize the lyric "Now my tears could fill an ocean, my tears could fill a sea," you probably get it a little.

For now, let's just marvel at John Kasich's unbelievable reaction to the news, which covers all the stages of being a Republican: Pretending to care about something, then realizing you can't care about something unless it actually happens in front of your face, and even then only maybe, and finally, figuring out how it can make money:

Speaking of weird reactions, CNN's reaction to Prince's death was the most CNN thing ever:

At least Hillary Clinton reacted like a human, which will probably be turned against her somehow:

Donald Trump weighed in on Twitter:

And finally, in case you missed it, here's President Obama's statement on Prince's passing:

Statement by the President on the Passing of Prince

Today, the world lost a creative icon. Michelle and I join millions of fans from around the world in mourning the sudden death of Prince. Few artists have influenced the sound and trajectory of popular music more distinctly, or touched quite so many people with their talent. As one of the most gifted and prolific musicians of our time, Prince did it all. Funk. R&B. Rock and roll. He was a virtuoso instrumentalist, a brilliant bandleader, and an electrifying performer.

“A strong spirit transcends rules,” Prince once said -- and nobody's spirit was stronger, bolder, or more creative. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, his band, and all who loved him.