If Ted Cruz Wins the Nomination, Republican Congressman Peter King Will Kill Himself

A little extreme, no?
A little extreme, no?
Peter King.jpg

New York Republican congressman and noted racist Peter King told MSNBC that he would kill himself if Ted Cruz wins the Republican nomination for president. Yes, really.

“I hate Ted Cruz, and I think I’ll take cyanide if he ever got the nomination,” said King on Morning Joe. “Now, having said that, I think you’re going to see Donald Trump scoring a big victory tonight. I have not endorsed Donald Trump. In fact, I actually voted by absentee ballot for John Kasich.”

“The likelihood is Donald Trump is going to get the nomination,” he went on. “I want Donald Trump to know that if he wants the support of Republicans, he’s gotta get more substance. He’s gotta really learn what he’s talking about and can’t just be talking off the top of his head and making reckless charges.”

It seems like King isn't too happy about either candidate, but is reserving all of his disdain for Cruz who gravely offended the New Yorker earlier this year with his comments about this hometown's "liberal values". King had the following message for him back then:

"Memo to Ted Cruz: New York Values are the heroes of 9/11; the cops who fight terror; and the people you ask for campaign donations. Go back under a rock."

The prospect of Ted Cruz winning the nomination has officially sent King over the edge, and he now apparently sees suicide as the only option should it happen.

As funny as this little spat is, it does show the alarming state of disarray the Republican Party now finds itself in. When in history has a prominent Republican congressman threaten to kill himself, even in jest, if another member of his own party becomes the presidential nominee? This vicious infighting is no doubt a huge gift to the Democrats, but for a democracy to function properly there does need to be a sane counterbalance to the party in power.

Right now we have a Democratic party controlling the White House, with a bunch of feces-throwing monkeys in opposition. In the short term, this is great for the Democrats, but long term, it spells disaster for America. Peter King may be a complete asshole, but he does seem to understand the consequences of a Ted Cruz nomination -- perhaps a positive sign that there is still some brain activity left within the Republican party.