Hero Dad's Confrontation With Target Manager Over Bathroom Policy Goes Viral

Conservatives have a seriously low bar for heroism.
Conservatives have a seriously low bar for heroism.

Just when you thought conservatives couldn't get any more stupid about anti-trans "bathroom bills"... scratch that, nobody thought they couldn't get more stupid. On the scale of dumb conservative shit, though, this goes to eleventy. These dumbfucks are up in arms because Target won't discriminate against trans people, which is not even the dumb part, but which is pretty dumb, because here's their policy:

  In our stores, we demonstrate our commitment to an inclusive experience in many ways. Most relevant for the conversations currently underway, we welcome transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity.

So, presumably, these idiots would prefer a trans-man who looks like a dude in every respect be able to, nay, forced to use the women's rest room. Nobody ever asks these dumb motherfuckers how they plan to enforce these laws, like, what prevents a natural-born male pervert from claiming he was born a woman, and ogling your pastor's wife in the restroom your law forces him to use? Are we going to need to get concealed carry permits for our peens? These assholes go apoplectic when they have to take off their shoes at the airport, but now, they want a dick-checker in every bathroom?

In Target's case, though, this is extra-stupid, as illustrated by the latest conservative culture war hero, Izzy Avraham. Now, I don't especially want to shit on this guy, because lots of regular people are harmful idiots, and most of them get ignored as they should. No, I'm more annoyed with the raft of conservative websites celebrating this dude's story as an epic takedown of Target.

The guy in question is just a normal bigot with a protective streak, which I can relate to. I have a six year-old daughter, like Izzy does, and I even call her my "baby girl" like he does, and I also don't want her being exposed to danger in public restrooms. I can relate to all of that, although I don't quite get the idea of making the only barrier to entry into a terrifyingly dangerous situation the question of whether or not someone was officially born with a penis.

But if that was my particular brand of panic, I might do what he did, and politely ask a Target manager about it. So, what did this monster of a Target manager tell Izzy?

  So we got to Target and introduced ourselves to the manager. I asked her on a practical level how Target's policy worked out if my six-year-old daughter walked into the women's restroom and someone with a biologically male body walked in behind her. She said Target has always had a policy of non-discrimination, and that if parents had concerns we could use the family rooms, or Tirzah could come in the men's washroom with me. I told her that as a concerned dad, I'm uncomfortable with Target's decision to allow people with male bodies in the women's washrooms. And that we think it's weird. We thanked her and left. I kept the whole conversation really polite and as relaxed as possible.

See, Target is one of a growing number of stores that already has a third set of bathrooms, with locks and everything. You can take your wife and all your kids in their and shit up a storm in peace and privacy. The manager presented him with two perfectly acceptable options, and so of course, he called for a boycott.

Now, this is a free country, so calling for boycotts is fine, and being an idiot who thinks another idiot is a hero is also fine, but then I also get to point out that this idiocy doesn't make any sense even on its own terms. This guy is so freaked out about what might happen to his daughter in a public restroom that he refuses to allow her to use a private restroom or accompany her into a public restroom, and instead demands a public restroom that he can send her into all by herself.

WHICH IS FINE, we all know what's really going on, he's not hiding it, he keeps on saying that it's JUST WEIRD. Fine, dude, go to Walmart, where nothing weird ever happens.

What's evil is turning this idiot into a hero, because it is just this sort of panic that leads to violence against trans people. You know how I know? Because this idiot even brags about it:

  I explained to her on the way how some men think they're women and wear dresses and makeup and want to use the women's washrooms instead of the men's. I asked her what she thought of that. She said, "That's weird." And was quiet for abit. Then she said, "If a man walked into the women's washroom I'd fight him until he got out!"

Thankfully, that little six year-old is years away from being able to actually start brawling with people in bathrooms, but the tens of people who read Steven Crowder aren't, nor are the million other idiots who support laws like these.