Fox News Dedicates 44 Seconds to Covering Women's Equal Pay

Because after all, only 50% of humans are women...
Because after all, only 50% of humans are women...
obama-equalpay.jpg

Knowing its audience like the back of its greasy hand, Fox News designated a whopping 44 seconds of airtime to covering President Obama’s speech on Equal Pay Day yesterday.

Speaking at the Belmont-Paul Women’s Equality National Monument in Washington D.C, Obama spoke at length about the importance of equal pay in the 21st century, and the other major networks aired the speech from start to finish.

But not the editorial team at Fox News of course, who thought their audience needed to only hear about the speech happening -- and as briefly as possible. Presenter Heather Childers gave the following update to their viewers (via Media Matters):

We do have a Fox News alert for you, we are going to take you live to Washington D.C., that’s where President Obama is delivering remarks at the newly designated Belmont-Paul Women's Equality National Monument there in D.C. Of course, it is dedicated to women's equality. It's a house and a museum. It includes a collection of different artifacts, suffrage banners, archives, all related to voting rights for women and equality for women. And this is coming as a matter of fact on Equal Pay Day, a day meant to symbolize how much more a woman has to work on average to earn what a man earned in the previous year, so that's going on in Washington, D.C. for you, right now. We wanted to let you know it was going on.

Obama's speech was an incredibly important one, and any serious news network would have at the very least covered the content of his speech rather than focused on a description of the 'different artifacts' in the museum where the speech took place. But then we are talking about Fox News here, a network that brings on sociopathic chauvinist like Gavin McInnes to tell feminists they would be happier in the kitchen or working for less money.

Anyway, here was Obama's speech in full -- highly worth watching given you know, 50% of us humans are women...