Trump Says He'll Tell Supporters Not to Riot But "I Don't Know What's Going to Happen"

He's literally saying "Nice convention you got there. Be a shame if anything happened to it."
He's literally saying "Nice convention you got there. Be a shame if anything happened to it."
Donald Trump Phoenix, Arizona

Donald Trump is amazing, and not in a good way. Even while supposedly urging his supporters not to riot, he still manages to sound like a mob protection guy (I edited the clip to include only that part of a two-part question, because Trump goes off on more tangents than a Tron lightcycle):

STEPHANOPOULOS: This comes on the heels of you saying this week there could be riots, uh, in Cleveland, if you entered the Republican Caucus with more delegates than anyone else but didn't end up with the nomination. John Kasich called that outrageous. Speaker Paul Ryan has called you out on it, as well. Did you go too far there?

TRUMP: ...So I say this. If you're going to disenfranchise all of those people, some of whom have never voted before and they're 50 years old and older, but if you're going to disenfranchise all of those people, Independents, Democrats -- you know, we have a lot of Democrats coming over. We have a lot of Independents coming over...

STEPHANOPOULOS: It's OK for them to riot?

TRUMP: -- and we do have some people that have -- we do have some people that have never voted before. I don't know what -- I didn't say -- I -- all I can say is this, I don't know what's going to happen. But I will say this, you're going to have a lot of very unhappy people. And I think, frankly, for the Republicans to disenfranchise all those people because if that happens, they're not voting and the Republicans lose.

...STEPHANOPOULOS: But will you tell your -- will you tell your supporters not to riot if you lose the convention fair and square?

TRUMP: Well, I would certainly tell them that, but, you know, look, these people are -- are fervent. They are really -- they want to see positive things happen for our country. And I would certainly say that. I don't want to see riots. I don't want to see problems. But, you know, you have -- you have millions of people who we're talking about, George, millions of additional people have gone.

He's literally saying "Nice convention you got there. Be a shame if anything happened to it."

Trump also managed to repurpose his questioning of Mitt Romney's faith into a two-fer zinger, explaining that he wasn't questioning Romney's faith, he was calling him stupid:

Well, with Mitt Romney -- first of all, with Mitt Romney, I was saying to the Mormons, the Mormons are very smart people, and I said it in a joking way, but they can take it any way -- you can take it any way you want. The Mormons are very smart people. I know many Mormons. I don't think Mitt Romney is a smart person. I never have thought he was a smart person. But the Mormons are very smart people.

That's one of the biggest problems with Trump: every Republican is just as horrible as Trump, and none of them can trade punches with him. He will be the nominee, nd Hillary help us if he wins it all.