Nancy Reagan is Dead So of Course Conservatives Use the Occasion to Trash Michelle Obama

How awful can people be? This awful.
How awful can people be? This awful.
nancymichelle.jpg

Former First Lady Nancy Reagan passed away Sunday at the age of 94 of congestive heart failure, a sad occasion no matter who you are. That is, unless you're a piece of crap racist conservative who just can't help using the occasion to bash First Lady Michelle Obama. Here's a little sample:

These aren't just tweets from randos, and note how many retweets some of these have. Disgusting.

At 1:46 pm, The White House issued the following statement:

Statement by the President and the First Lady

Nancy Reagan once wrote that nothing could prepare you for living in the White House. She was right, of course. But we had a head start, because we were fortunate to benefit from her proud example, and her warm and generous advice.

Our former First Lady redefined the role in her time here. Later, in her long goodbye with President Reagan, she became a voice on behalf of millions of families going through the depleting, aching reality of Alzheimer’s, and took on a new role, as advocate, on behalf of treatments that hold the potential and the promise to improve and save lives.

We offer our sincere condolences to their children, Patti, Ron, and Michael, and to their grandchildren. And we remain grateful for Nancy Reagan's life, thankful for her guidance, and prayerful that she and her beloved husband are together again.

Future and Former Presidents Clinton issued their statement at 1:41 pm:

Hillary and I were deeply saddened to learn of Nancy Reagan’s passing.

Nancy was an extraordinary woman: a gracious First Lady, proud mother, and devoted wife to President Reagan—her Ronnie. Her strength of character was legendary, particularly when tested by the attempted assassination of the President, and throughout his battle with Alzheimer's. She leaves a remarkable legacy of good that includes her tireless advocacy for Alzheimer’s research and the Foster Grandparent Program.

We join all Americans in extending our prayers and condolences to her beloved children and her entire family during this difficult time.