Hillary Clinton Just Compared Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler

The implication was clear: Donald Trump is Adolf Hitler, and this is 1939 all over again.
The implication was clear: Donald Trump is Adolf Hitler, and this is 1939 all over again.
Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton compares Donald Trump to Hitler.

While Hillary Clinton did not explicitly compare Donald Trump to Hitler in her speech to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), the implication was entirely clear.

As she spoke to the audience, Clinton referenced Donald Trump indirectly, attacking his policies and accusing him of encouraging violence, "playing coy with white supremacists," and vitriolic rhetoric towards immigrants.

“We’ve had dark chapters of our history before," said Clinton. "We remember the nearly 1000 Jews aboard the St Louis who were refused entry in 1939,” she said, referencing the German ship that docked with with almost 1000 Jewish refugees that was forced to return to Europe to their inevitable death.

“America should be better than this and I believe it is our responsibility as citizens to say so,” said Clinton. “If you see bigotry, oppose it. If you see violence, condemn it. If you see a bully, stand up to him.”

The implication was clear: Donald Trump is Adolf Hitler, and this is 1939 all over again -- a powerful analogy given the influential Jewish audience. Donald Trump has been ambivalent towards Israel in the past, stating that he is “sort of a neutral guy” when it comes to their conflict with the Palestinians. Clinton on the other hand, is a major Israel hawk and told the audience that the first thing she would do as President would be to invite the Israeli prime minister to the White House.

This distinction in American politics is clear -- you either pledge your allegiance to Israel, or get labeled an anti-semite. Clinton understands this dynamic well, and is using it like a knife to gut Trump before the general election even begins. The Democrats clearly see this as being a major weapon against Trump, and  the fact that they are wielding it so early on is a sign of just how nasty the upcoming election is about to become. No elite politician uses the Hitler comparison card without careful thought and calculation, and Clinton's use of it is a clear indication that she is coming straight at Trump with all guns blazing.