Elizabeth Warren Unleashes Hell on Donald Trump, Calls Him a "Loser"

The Massachusetts senator eviscerated Trump on both Facebook and Twitter today.
Avatar:
Chez Pazienza
The Massachusetts senator eviscerated Trump on both Facebook and Twitter today.

Like most of us, Elizabeth Warren has had just about enough of Donald Trump. This much is clear from the day she's been having on social media. This morning on Facebook, the Massachusetts senator tore into the ugly, stubborn cold sore on the face of American culture, posting a lengthy screed in which she referred to Trump, over and over again, as a "loser." I could excerpt it, but honestly it's the kind of thing you really need to read in its entirety, as I'm not sure there's even been a better series of words to spring from human hands.

Let’s be honest – Donald Trump is a loser. Count all his failed businesses. See how he kept his father’s empire afloat by cheating people with scams like Trump University and by using strategic corporate bankruptcy (excuse me, bankruptcies) to skip out on debt. Listen to the experts who’ve concluded he’s so bad at business that he might have more money today if he’d put his entire inheritance into an index fund and just left it alone.

Trump seems to know he’s a loser. His embarrassing insecurities are on parade: petty bullying, attacks on women, cheap racism, and flagrant narcissism. But just because Trump is a loser everywhere else doesn’t mean he’ll lose this election. People have been underestimating his campaign for nearly a year – and it’s time to wake up.

People talk about how "this is the most important election" in our lifetime every four years, and it gets stale. But consider what hangs in the balance. Affordable college. Accountability for Wall Street. Healthcare for millions of Americans. The Supreme Court. Big corporations and billionaires paying their fair share of taxes. Expanded Social Security. Investments in infrastructure and medical research and jobs right here in America. The chance to turn our back on the ugliness of hatred, sexism, racism and xenophobia. The chance to be a better people. More than anyone we’ve seen before come within reach of the presidency, Donald Trump stands ready to tear apart an America that was built on values like decency, community, and concern for our neighbors. Many of history’s worst authoritarians started out as losers – and Trump is a serious threat. The way I see it, it’s our job to make sure he ends this campaign every bit the loser that he started it.

I'll give you a minute to stop cheering.

Lest anyone think that Warren's Facebook profile was hacked or this extended machine gun fire of invective was an aberration, she followed it up by basically breaking down the most salient points of the post and tweeting them out -- one by one. Each tweet now has thousands of retweets and the original post has been shared 70-thousand times and liked more than 200-thousand.

Trump hasn't responded to the verbal beat-down yet on -- other than feign ignorance and refer to Warren as "the Indian" when asked about it at a press conference -- but you know a Twitter tirade is coming. Everything Warren said about him not only has the benefit of being true, it's exactly the kind of criticism guaranteed to get Trump's tiny baby fingers tapping away at his iPhone screen. Trump is notoriously thin-skinned and calling him a loser over and over again is a sure way to earn yourself a lifetime of press clippings about his various holdings showing up in your mailbox every couple of months.

As for the responses posted both to Facebook and Twitter, they range from members of "Trump's Army" telling Warren that once Trump is elected president she'll be out of a job -- as if he'd have the authority to somehow fire a sitting senator -- to Bernie Sanders's equally delightful and increasingly desperate acolytes demanding she immediately endorse Bernie. Still, the only response that really counts is Trump's on Twitter -- and the clock is now ticking on that one.