Ted Cruz calls Obama Faithless

There was a time when refusing to say whether President Obama is a Christian or not was considered scummy and kinda racist, but now, that's the comparatively classy move in Republican politics.

Back in September, when Ted Cruz was asked if he believed that the President is a Christian, Cruz conspicuously elected not to say, despite the President's constant demonstrations and professions of his Christianity, but Cruz at least granted Obama permission to talk it over with his own God, whoever it is:

  "The president's faith is between him and God. I'm not going to speculate on the president's faith. What I will talk about is his policies. And his policies have been profoundly damaging to this country."

As he flails wildly to gain traction in South Carolina, though, Cruz has taken his criticism of President Obama to the next natural level, denying that he has any faith at all:

  "We've got 11 more months of watching damage to this country. From a lawless and faithless president who is eager to travel to Cuba, but is unwilling to show up at the funeral of Justice Antonin Scalia."

There are still a few days left, though, so don't be surprised if Cruz ends up the week telling crowds that Obama doesn't feel pain the way the rest of us do.