This, Ladies and Gentlemen, is Your Frontrunner For the Republican Nomination

"Any girl you have, I can take from you—if I want. Any girl you have, I can take from you. You’re full of shit. So any girl you have, I can take. That I guarantee. And that was proven before.”
"Any girl you have, I can take from you—if I want. Any girl you have, I can take from you. You’re full of shit. So any girl you have, I can take. That I guarantee. And that was proven before.”
donald-trump-quote-1-10-07.jpg

Our pal Ashley Feinberg over at Gawker managed to dig up an almost 15 year old interview Donald Trump did with the slithering shock jock Howard Stern that uncovers in perhaps the most glaring way just how repellant the Republican frontrunner really is.

Trump had called in to Howard Stern’s show to promote his Miss Universe competition, and was informed that the guest on the show was a former friend, the 90's gossip columnist king A.J. Benza. The two knew of each other through their relationship with former model Kara Young, and used her to score points against each other in a truly sad display of genital waving and appalling sexism.

According to a chapter in Benza's no doubt Shakespearean book named , Fame, Ain’t It a Bitch, Trump had gone after Young behind Benza's back. Addressing the claim while both on the air, Trump told Stern that, "No, I did more. I stole his girlfriend, but I didn’t know I was stealing your girlfriend."

He continued: "I’ve been successful with your girlfriend, I’ll tell you that. A.J., I won your girlfriend. You know it, she knows it, and everybody knows it."

The two went back and forth over the issue for 20 minutes or so, hurling insults and accusations at each other that were, for lack of a better word, utterly disgusting.

"Trust me, A.J.—she didn’t love you," Trump said at one point. "I’m doing you a favor, A.J., she didn’t love you." He continued: "A.J. doesn’t like Trump for one reason: I stole his girlfriend. I took her away like he was a dog."

Then, things got really nasty. “While you were getting onto the plane to go to California thinking that she was your girlfriend, she was some place that you wouldn’t have been very happy with,” Trump said to an increasingly angry Benza, who then resorted to threatening to attack Trump with a baseball bat, and taking his then 19-year-old daughter, Ivanka Trump.

“I can’t wait ‘til your little daughter gets a little older for me,” said Benza.

“Hey, A.J., I guarantee you have zero chance. A.J.," replied Trump. "Any girl you have, I can take from you—if I want. Any girl you have, I can take from you. You’re full of shit. So any girl you have, I can take. That I guarantee. And that was proven before.”

This, ladies and gentlemen, is your leading Republican nominee for the Presidency of the United States -- a sad little man who views women as objects to be stolen from other men, used according to their beauty, and discarded when past their sell by dates

Regardless of Trump's positions on any political or economic issue, his views about women should automatically disqualify him from the White House. To think that he would be representing the most powerful country on the planet and dealing with leaders like Angela Merkel, Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, Helle Thorning-Schmidt or any other female heads of state is truly sickening. Yet Trump won again last night in Nevada, and his nomination looks more and more inevitable as the rest of the GOP field disintegrates around him.

While Mitt Romney was a soulless, corporate hack, the 2012 election was not a matter of life and death for the future of America. But thanks to a rampaging, sexist bigot who wants to buy political power because he can, America truly is on the brink of what could be its biggest disaster in history.