Sarah Palin Calls Josh Earnest an "Idiot" in Most Mangled, Idiotic Sentence Ever

When you can't construct a simple sentence yourself, it probably isn't the best idea to call someone else an idiot.
When you can't construct a simple sentence yourself, it probably isn't the best idea to call someone else an idiot.
Sarah-Palin-e1406565837900-1940x1091

You have to give it to Sarah Palin -- the woman does not rest up. Her Facebook page is a goldmine of breathless idiocy, and she appears more determined than ever to satiate her fans' thirst for moronic political analysis.

In this week's installment of "what dumb thing did Sarah Palin say now", the former Alaskan Governor took to her page yesterday to denounce Obama's apparent capitulation to Iran over the seizure and detainment of two U.S. Navy boats that had drifted onto Iranian water on Tuesday. Wrote Palin in a language that only she and her minions appear to fully comprehend:

Here we go again, coddling the enemy and implementing rules of engagement that prohibit our military from doing its job. Iran captures our warriors before forcing the U.S. to apologize for the ENEMY'S bullying and endangerment, all to send a (false) message that America is now so weak we've fallen insurmountably far under the enemy. As Sen. McCain just said on Fox News, Obama spokesman Josh Ernest is an "idiot" and knows not of what he speaks as actual APPRECIATION is expressed by the Leftist White House for Iran's combatant actions. To praise the enemy for humiliating our military should make all reasonable, pro-"Peace through Strength" Americans agree with what Dean Cain said on Fox this morning: "This makes me sick to my stomach." Then went on to suggest reasons many of America's finest are leaving the military. No question, they're leaving due to the Left's pussy-footing around per the tone set by an extremely weak President who doesn't believe we face existential threats. I'll continue to ask: if democrats still praise Obama's capitulation and bending over for Iran, does it not make you wonder whose side are they on?

Firstly, the entire premise of her argument is astonishing stupid, even for Palin. While the precise facts surrounding the capture of the Navy boats are still unclear, we almost certainly know that the boats did stray into Iranian controlled water -- most likely by accident.

"I think that this much is clear, there was a navigational error of some kind," said Defense Secretary Ash Carter at a press conference on Thursday. "All the contributing factors to that we don't know yet, and we're still talking to those folks, and we'll find out more ... but they were clearly out of the position that they intended to be in."

Even the US sailors have accepted fault in the situation. "It was a mistake that was our fault and we apologize for our mistake," said the commanding sailor on Iranian TV. "It was a misunderstanding. We did not mean to go into Iranian territorial water. The Iranian behavior was fantastic while we were here. We thank you very much for your hospitality and your assistance."

So we know the US Navy was at fault, even if it was an accident. Iran behaved as any sovereign nation would if a foreign power trespassed on its waters -- it took them into custody until the situation could be resolved politically -- which of course the Obama administration achieved almost instantaneously when the sailors were released on Wednesday after a series of phone calls between the two powers. Speaking to CNN host Jake Tapper, Josh Earnest said at the time:

This is obviously a situation that we are monitoring closely. We’ve received assurances from the Iranians that both our sailors are safe and they are being sort of afforded the proper courtesy that you would expect...We’ve also most importantly received assurances that they will be allowed to continue their journey promptly.

According to Sarah Palin, this was a huge humiliation for America because, well, Obama. Unable to articulate exactly what her problem is with the situation -- which again, has already been resolved -- Palin focused some of her rage towards Josh Earnest in what was ultimately the most revealing part of her diatribe:

As Sen. McCain just said on Fox News, Obama spokesman Josh Ernest is an "idiot" and knows not of what he speaks as actual APPRECIATION is expressed by the Leftist White House for Iran's combatant actions.

It takes quite a bit of chutzpah to call someone an idiot in a sentence that no 8th grader would be allowed to get away with in English class, but then Sarah Palin isn't exactly known for her modesty.  More than that though, Palin's little temper tantrum over Earnest's remarks reveals she has absolutely no understanding of nuance or how international crises are handled by grown up governments. Earnest is the White House Press Secretary so chooses his words very carefully. Using sensitive language while the facts are still coming in is rule number one in international diplomacy, and a reason why the Obama Administration has been able to craft an historic deal with the Iranians, and the reason why the sailors were let go almost immediately.

But given Palin can't construct a simple sentence herself, it's hardly a surprise she doesn't get it.